Thursday 2 December 2010

Usb Charger - iphone, griffin


Thins is a great charger for the iPad! Remember, the iPad requires a 2amp.charger and most previous iPhone chargers are an amp or less. This particular charger seems to charge the iPad a bite quicker than the one supplied for the iPad by Apple. Construction is very solid and this is a high-quality product. The led light that indicates the charg is plugged into the wall out light is not too bright. Overall, highly recommend. Also charges my iPhone without issues. Griffin Technology PowerBlock for iPad, iPhone and iPod, 2.1 amp - Black

I have a Griffin Power Block Plus. As a charger, it works great. I like to plug my ipad in at night and watch videos, listen to music, or use it as an alarm clock. However, I could not get sound from my ipad when it was plugged in. I swapped out the cable that came with the power block with an ipod one, and the sound is fine. I don't know if it's a general problem, but it's something to consider if sound is important.

This functions with the iPhone 4, but it is not fully compatible. When you connect it, you get the error "warning, this accessory is not fully optimized for this device..."



Blow this off and get an OE apple charger.

This charges my iPad readily and appears to be slightly faster than the Apple charger.



However, as another reviewer also reported, I get no sound from my iPad when using this cable. For example, using the cable supplied with the Griffin charger, when I open my audiobook app, it says "Volume Not Available" and there is no sound from the iPad's speakers. There is sound, however, if I used earbuds from the audio jack. Also, it's only the Griffin cable (not the Griffin power brick) that's stopping the sound. If I use the Griffin power brick and an Apple OEM cable, the iPad will put out sound.

"Remember, the iPad requires a 2amp.charger and most previous iPhone chargers are an amp or less."--A. Skagg is correct. The damned iPad2 won't even charge off the computer USB. So, the wall charger is integral! Buy an extra, and this is a good one. The price of these things, when they should be around six bucks, is always too much. But this one seems well made and is not as chincy as most of those Chinese imported cheapies (although this is still Asian made). I hope it doesn't burn out, which is what most of these do (and yes, I unplug the electricity vampire each time I use it).

I have an iPad, and one of the things I like about it is that the battery lasts all day long. However, when I take my iPad to the office, sometimes I forget to charge the iPad at night, and so it may need a charge during the day, or I am on the road and I need to charge it while traveling. I lost the original cord that came with the iPad, so I had to find a replacement.



I did not realize that the iPad needs a higher amount of electricity to charge it than what an iPod needs and typical USB ports and chargers don't provide enough juice. I purchased an iPod charger thinking it would charge my iPad, but it did not work.



However, this charger works great with my iPad, and I am very happy with it. I now have one at home, and I have one at the office. I could not be happier with this purchase.



And yes, it will also charge my iPod!

If I charge while listening to any app that has volume, I get a "No Volume Available" error on my iPad and no sound comes from the device. This occurs as well on my iPhone and my wife's iPod. I've never seen this error before. Other chargers don't cause it to occur. When I unplug it, volume is restored. When I contacted support, they told me to do a hard reset, which didn't help. Otherwise, it is a very good charger.

Item never arrived. Amazon sent a replacement, even though I had asked for a refund instead. I kept the replacement but just yesterday I received word that I'm being charged for the lost item. Amazon keeps track of items that never make it to their buyers so how come they insist on charging me? - Griffin - Iphone - Chargers - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


chargers Usb Charger - iphone, griffin