Thursday 2 December 2010

Body Shaper - body shaper


It took me a long time to decide to buy this product. I read hundreds of reviews, and so many of them were bad, and even worse, awful. I decided to buy it from Amazon figuring that I didn't really have anything to lose. If I didn't like it, i could return it. But so far, I like it fine.

I read so many bad reviews and almost all of them mentioned the sizing. How they were too small, too big, impossible to get on, etc. I found that it is alittle difficult to get the top on. You kind of have to wriggle. But it is not impossible. I think that anyone who could not get theirs on at all probably bought the wrong size. I think buying the correct size probably makes a HUGE difference with this product.

The top does smooth you out. I do not think their claims of losing dress sizes and looking 20lbs thinner are accurate. I am not able to fit into a smaller size. But it does smooth out all bulges and rolls, and that does make my clothes look better on me. The top does ride up a bit sometimes, but it doesn't do it enough for me to consider it a problem. Besides the smoothing, I think a major benefit of the top is it really makes my boobs look good. I also feel that my posture is better when I am wearing the top.

Some reviews mentioned a bad smell. The shaper I received does not smell bad at all. It smells like a new bra or underwear would.

Overall, I like the shaper. It's not going to make you look like a different person. You will not go down a bunch of sizes. But it will smooth you out and make you feel better in your clothing. That makes it worth the cost to me. Kymaro New Body Shaper Top/Bottom Set Nude Medium

I had tried on numerous "flatteners" and shapers before and I never found one that was comfortable and did what I needed it to do. If I put on the shorts, it would push all the fat up and over, which looked even more unsightly. The one piece items always pulled up the crotch and meant I would have to totally undress to go to the bathroom. Just not something I was too interested in doing. I had seen the TV commercials for this product and I liked the fact that they were two piece.



I read the reviews on this site and almost changed my mind. But, the main complaint seemed to be the wrong size, and I thought, oh well, if they don't fit, I know Amazon will do their best to help me return them. One of the products had the size guide shown on it, and I used that to figure out what I needed. I ordered the product and it arrived soon after.



The bottoms went on without a hitch - they did what all the others do, they slimmed the bottom and pushed some of the fat up.... The top is where the secret lies. I won't lie, I had a hard time initially getting the top over my hips, but after some digging and squirming, they got over. Immediate results! I was amazed. I LOVE the way it shapes my body.



I have been wearing the set now for about 14 days and I love the way it makes me look and feel. I stand up straighter, and I can wear my tops inside my pants without needing to always pull them over to hide the unsightly bulges.



After the first two times, the top slides on without any problems - no more squirming. So to those ladies that say they bought the wrong size... try pulling it on a few times just to see what happens. Also - in order for this product to work you need both the top and the bottom. Without the other, the product's not going to do what you want it to do.



Now, one thing the box said about the top is that it wouldn't ride/roll up. For me, it unfortunately does slide up over the shorts and won't stay down. To combat that I pull the top down first and then pull the shorts up over it to keep it in place. It still flattens my tummy and shapes my body - it's just tucked in the shorts. I can certainly live with that minor adjustment if that's the only problem I have with it.



The Kymora shaper is EXTREMELY comfortable and lightweight. I like it so much I bought another nude set as well as a black set.

I have only bought the upper body shaper, but love it.. It gets some getting use to under the arms, but really does hold you in and keeps your abs and stomach firm. Does not ride up with jeans on, but does ride up when I am wearing knit pants. But, I just pull it down. Hard to see through clothes. I bought 3 of them for myself.

So, I've been waiting for a long time to actually write this review because I wanted an actual test of longevity on the item. But here it goes:



When I first bought the item, I held my breath because I was concerned that I was going to buy something that was all hype. I'd heard the mixed reviews, but I was really interested in seeing how it performed for myself. The material is unlike other shapewear I've tried. It's not some sort of horrible nylon-pantyhose crap, and it's not a spandex shirt that is so smooth that your shirt rides up and it is obvious that you're wearing shapewear. It's got a bit of texture, so t-shirts stay down pretty nicely, and silkier fabrics hang well like they should. No awkward sticking or static cling. It breathes like a dream - I've worn this in temperatures from 50-90 degrees, and it's just as comfortable as wearing it in room temperature. No chafing either!



While I read a reviewer who said sizes run small, I'm going to have to say the opposite. I'd measured myself and ordered what they'd suggested on the product packaging - a XXL. HA! Hardly. This might be because I've used shapeware and corsets before and I'm used to a fair amount of compression, but I actually could do an XL, or possibly just a large. I guess it all depends on how much you mind being squeezed in the middle.



The shoulder straps are comfortable and most of the time I don't really notice them. The back support-X is absolutely awesome. It helps with posture if you're a bit of a sloucher like me, and it seems to make the whole thing a little more comfortable.



The amount of compression is probably average. If I got a size that fit a little better, it probably would take off a few more inches. But it does a good job smoothing things out the way they should be for me, and that's all that matters. And for everyone who expects this to take them from a size 20 to a size 14 or something, it isn't going to happen. It isn't magic, after all! It's not an alternative to diet and exercise, it just makes your clothes fit a little better, which is good enough for me!



All in all, for a daily shapeware, this one gets a thumbs up. Sure, you can't wear it under your camis and any low-back tanktops or halters, but for something under t-shirts and sweaters? Oh yeah. this one is good.



The bottomshaper, however, is a joke. They're nothing more than compression pantyhose that don't really do much. They snag easily, they've got insane washing instructions. You're better off buying a pair of compression shorts made out of spandex or something a bit more durable and not bothering with these silly little shorts. - Body Shaper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Body Shaper - body shaper body shaper Body Shaper - body shaper