Thursday 30 December 2010

Kitchen Playsets - water table, water play


I bought the Mudpie kitchen to replace our Step 2 kitchen sink which never worked properly. This product, unlike the Step 2 product, is a keeper! My girls, ages 2 and 6 both love it. The water tank hold lots of water and it is easily dispensed by pushing down on the red hand pump. Even my two year old can make the water come out. The mixer is very cute and the handle on it also turns easily. We are going to be making a lot of mudpies this summer. Thanks Little Tikes! Little Tikes Mudpie Kitchen

If you have toddlers you MUST BUY THIS TOY!!!! This is seriously one of the greatest toys on the planet. My only suggestion is that you go out and buy a bag of top soil or play sand so you know what your kids are making mud pies out of. Fill it with water, give them a pile of dirt and grab your camera because it's going to be fantastic. It's hilarious on so many levels. I have to pull my toddlers away from this kicking and screaming every time. The minute the back door is open they are back at it again dancing around for me to fill it up. My biggest disappointment is that I didn't invent this myself.

Let's just say that my review of this toy is very different than my kids review would be. They loved it and had a great time playing with it. They were about 2 and 4 when we bought this and both got plenty of fun out of it, for about 2 days. If the thing would have held up, they would still be loving it. But it is too cheaply made and as many have mentioned, the water faucet pump jams up way too easily. I had read the bad reviews about that and tried very hard to keep that pump clean of sand/dirt but its impossible with young kids. I set it up right next to the hose so I could try to keep it clean, and cleaned it good after each use. But it was a losing battle. They got frustrated when the pump stopped working. I thought I could loosen it up for them (I'm 6'4, 240 lbs) but I could barely get it to move. Even after taking it apart as much as possible and giving it a good cleansing, it was just barely functional. We still have it and it gets used occasionally but only for a very brief time until they get frustrated. If it was half the price, I probably wouldn't have minded the short life span.

I have bought many Little Tykes products and found general satisfaction with their stability and creativity. I was the director of a large preschool, and all the toys got really played with, over and over. But this one, bought for a grandchild, was poor quality. The toy was greeted with glee, but then the pump clogged up after 30 minutes of play, never to pump up and down again. The plug under the sink didn't fit properly so all the water leaked out. We finally glued it shut. The legs are not as stable as they should be, considering the activity of the pumping action. The egg beater on the top was a big hit. Also, children over 4 wouldn't find this interesting, mostly because it is so small.

I bought this sink at the beginning of the summer for my two year old boys. The pump is too difficult for them to push down and after it was played with (to make mud pies...which is the intention of this toy)dirt became lodged around the pump handle making it impossible for ME to push down. The handle of the mixer has broken as well. Every kid that has come over here is immediately drawn to the sink but it just is not sturdy enough. So, great idea but poor construction. For use with just water I'm sure it would be fine. I wish I could find another product similar to this but well built.

I bought the mudpie kitchen for my granddaughter who is 18 months old. She loves it, even though she will have to gain a little height and strength to do the water pump and mixer by herself. She is having such a great time with the water toys and pouring water from one thing to another, and the mixer and pump give mom and grandma chance to get into the play. I think this toy will provide lots of fun in lots of different ways for the next 2-3 years at least. I'm very happy with this toy so far (bought about 1 month ago).

My 7 and 2 old can play together with this Little Tikes mud pie Kitchen. For over an hour they seemed to have a great messy time. My 2 yr old could pump the water by herself and turn the mixer handle with ease. There is not a lot of water coming out, so I kept the hose on to wash them off from time to time. I also bought the dirt, because in south Louisiana there's just clay (and I didn't want them digging up the yard). I found some cheap dirt that only had aged pine bark and perlite, no chemicals, or manures.

As for the toy, it seems pretty durable to me, my 7 yr old was showing no mercy to that mixer and it held up fine. The pump does need to be washed off (while pushing up and down on it) to get the dirt out. Or it will stop working well. I'm not sure if pure sand would come out as easily. That may be why some complained the pump stopped working. We didn't buy the accessory packs; instead we brought out some of the play-doh toys and cookie cutters. However my littlest one just wanted to make soup, the oldest was more creative. All in all great fun for the summer, as all kids should know how to make a good mud pie. - Water Play - Water Table - Kitchen Sets - Kitchen Playsets'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information