Thursday 30 December 2010

Avery - avery, page protector


I have been using these for quite a while to protect family documents and presentation materials. Lately my local office supply store stopped carrying these, and I am very glad to be able to get them from Amazon. These multi-page capacity sheet protectors are deeper than the one-or-two-sheet capacity regular ones (which I also use), and hold up to 70 sheets per protector, great for storage of longer documents in binders. Avery makes these items of high quality material that is acid-free for archival use, which is what I require. I love them. Avery Diamond Clear Multi-Page Capacity Sheet Protectors, Acid Free, Pack of 25 (74171)

I looked for these clear plastic page holders so that I could use them for my tractor manual. The tractor is 30-years old - as is the manual and fairly hard to find nowadays - and needs a lot of care so I regularly spend time maintaining the engine as well as lubing the chassis, etc. Anyway, I found the best way to work on the tractor and use the manual without gumming up the pages so badly that they are unreadable is to put the individual 3-ring manual pages into these plastic sheets and then to only take out the sheets I need to work on the tractor. If I get the plasic sheets smudged or dirty they wipe up easily and the tractor pages stay clean. The plastic page holders were inexpensive and I received them quickly. Perfect solution to a messy problem.

I bought these to keep in a giant binder for all the various instruction manuals one collects from vacuums and televisions and microwaves. I guess I thought that since they were all "multi-page" booklets, this would be the right kind. The problem is that most of the booklets I seem to have are 6x9 or so and so they just slide around all over the place. I think I will have to get the one-page kind and see if they work better. They also tend to want to fall down out of the binder (kind of, hard to describe) with the smaller booklets. They work fine for the full size sheets. The quality of the plastic is exactly what you expect from Avery, and they are clear and shiny and turn well.

My local Staples doesn't carry these any more, and their store-brand substitute just doesn't measure up. The Avery product is crystal clear, and the slightly larger than 8.5x11" size makes it easy to insert two photos back-to-back.

Previously, I always purchased Avery products because I considered them top quality. Now, over the last while, all the local office supply stores started carrying their own brand and no longer carry Avery. I tried several different options with 2 different store brands, and found the quality to be inferior. On some the protector was sealed on all 4 sides, and on others, the top and bottom were open so my pages slid out the bottom. When I returned these inferior products to the store, I asked if they could get Avery and was told they no longer carry them.

Bottom line is that I was very happy to discover that Amazon is able to continue providing quality products at a reasonable price. - Avery - Page Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Avery - avery, page protector avery Avery - avery, page protector