Saturday 4 December 2010

Honda Civic - ipod radio, ipod


I bought this so I could use the USB slot and it works great. It loads all the songs in about 2 seconds (even with a large thumb drive of 4 GB or more of music) and then there is no wait time when scrolling through tracks. It clearly displays the song title and you can adjust it to display the track by title, album, etc. I'm not a huge stereo person so I don't care about amps and making my car vibrate, but I will say that my music plays clearly and I can turn it up much louder than I need too without my music being distorted in any way. The buttons are a little small, but you get used to them. I did plug my blackberry phone into the AUX port and it did play my songs. However, no information about the song was displayed on the stereo's display and I had to control my music through the Blackberry, which is a pain. Luckily, I plan on using the USB slot, this is just an FYI for those of you who don't have an ipod and wanted to know if other mp3 players could utilize the stereo's controls. All in all this was a great value for the money and it does everything that I need it to do. Pioneer DEH-2200UB CD Receiver with iPod Direct Control and USB Input

I got this on sale for under a hundred bucks on Amazon.

It features great iPod/iPhone integration---the song name/artist/album can be displayed.

Easy to use and configure compared to my old Clarion deck.

The wire colors on the Pioneer matches the standard Nissan wiring harness perfectly. [94 Infiniti G20, factory amps previously bypassed.]

You can choose either Green or Red Illumination.

It includes a wireless remote for back passengers.

There is annoying plastic cover over the USB port.

Pretty stylish...and an incredible value. I love it.

I have owned 7 different Pioneer decks over the last 10 years (my car was frequently the victim of theft) and this is by far the best unit I have ever owned. We used this to replace a junky Sony Xplode unit that died after the buttons went crazy. This deck does everything you could want it to and at an amazing price. You can plug in any USB device and it will play the music stored there. I plugged in my Droid phone and it located the music and played it with ease. We used a flash drive and it played all the music. We plugged in our iPod with the normal USB cable and it worked perfectly and it gives you the option to control the music from the deck or from the iPod. We haven't tried CD's in it but I am sure it will function just fine. The color options are a nice addition but what made me happiest is that the display is not too bright. With every unit I have had, the screens are so bright that they cause fatigue on my eyes while driving at night. This does not distract me at all but I can still see it perfectly in all lighting conditions. The controls are easy to navigate and the volume knob is sturdy and easy to grip, unlike the slippery knobs from previous models. Again, this is easily the best unit I have ever owned, especially for the features and price.

It seem like very good product. I bought it and installed it for my little sister so I haven't used it since then, but she's extremely happy with it.



What I like about it is the front USB and it allows you to adjust your bass, tremble AND mids, unlike my cheap radio (someone broke into my car and stole the nice one I use to have). Plus, it also outputs 22 RMS, most receivers seem to only output 18 rms or less.



The sound quality is decent. My sister has stock speakers so I imagine its a lot better than decent since the previous radio she had was a Panasonic which the Pioneer seems to blow away according to her, but again with stock speakers its hard to tell, especially with very old stock speakers.



Note: When your adjusting your receiver use the remote control, I found it to be extremely easy using the remote control, usually I find it easier the other way around.

Great sound, good features, simple install though instructions were skimpy. Be sure you get the wiring harness for your car and a compatible install kit (not included). My biggest gripe is the navigation buttons that are VERY small, hard to read, and overly complicated. The unit comes with a wireless remote that is much better organized and labeled but is very easy to loose or not available when needed.

I just bought this CD receiver to replace the stock unit in my '05 civic. Amazon had the price down to $105 when I purchased it, making it one of the best values for quality CD receivers out there with USB capability. I mainly chose the Pioneer due to the solid reviews (many other brands out there have similar sub-$100 units, but they get regularly thrashed by buyers).



Did the installation myself, helps to buy an aftermarket dash unit (I used a Metra kit) so you can fit the unit in snugly and blend it in to the car. Very straightforward wiring, especially if you buy a wiring harness plug for your car model.



Plays off CDs, thumb drives, and most ipods pretty easily. Very nice to have the USB capability so I can play off a pocketable thumb drive, they are so much easier than CDs and you can get an 8GB for under $20 these days. My old-as-stink iPod turned out to not be compatible, but I'm not really all that torn up as I never use it anyway, and would rather just keep a flash drive with me or in the car. It integrated just fine with a friend's iPhone and a more recent iPod. Controlling the iPod is not bad if you have organized playlists, but since you only have one display line, it's not as nice as just using the iPod alone. And if that's what you prefer, you can just use a 3.5mm headphone male/male cable in the AUX slot and plug any old iPod or mp3 player in, enjoy the easy interface - only upside of the USB slot is that it keeps the iPod charged for long journeys.



User interface, as might be expected, takes some getting used to. Expect a couple of trips or checks to the instruction manual before you remember how to adjust everything. There's more buttons than your average car stereo, so it's not super-intuitive like an iPod, but it's simple enough to be automatic after a while. Also comes with a remote, which I haven't used much, but the buttons are definitely more clear. It would be nice to maybe have two knobs (volume, tuning/adjustment), but I suppose there's not really room in a single-DIN unit to make it sensible.



I'm no audiophile, but it sounds fine to me. Lots of adjustability in bass, mid, treble. Was playing with the radio just after I installed it, and it seemed a little more staticy than I remember. But might have just been me, I will have to find a way to test it more categorically. Was working in my driveway behind a stone wall, and to be honest I can't even specifically remember plugging the antenna jack back in before fitting the dash back together, so who really knows. - Ipod - Usb - Usb Car Stereo - Ipod Radio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


ipod radio Honda Civic - ipod radio, ipod