Saturday 4 December 2010

Cards - cardstock, cards


I've been looking for just plain cards to embellish. This comes closest to being something that an embelishment can be added to without crumpling. Although the weight is fairly decent the color is not ivory, it is sort of a muted yellow. I will order from these folks again, but will see what they have in white. 50 Blank Greeting Cards & Envelopes 5x7 A7 Ivory

the envelopes are very flimsy and the ivory is yellow. very disapointed i bought them to make sets of photo cards for gifts and they were not usable. i went to a local print shop. i paid twice the money and got three times the value.

It took a number of returns to Amazon website before this product was available for sale. I had previously purchased the white version of the blank cards, which were consistently available.



I found the weight of the card itself to be excellent for my purpose, which is to make photo cards. The envelopes were of lesser weight, but I do not think that the lesser weight will be a problem in the long run. I have purchased blank Ivory cards from at least two other vendors, and the color of "Ivory" has been fairly different overall, with the Darice product being more yellow, but not unattractively so.



The only complaint I have is that the plastic wrapping for the envelops was very tight and resulted in many of the envelopes being turned up at one of the narrow sides. I have tried to use weights to straighten them out, and whether that works is yet to be seen.



I do have one real irritation with either Amazon or the dealer. The price for the Ivory cards was approximately $2.00 more than for the white, and after I purchased three packs of Ivory cards, within a day or so, the price went up another dollar. I know this is business, but it was disheartening to see business principles applied so quickly.

These are BUTTERCUP not Ivory, if you plan to print an image on them it they may not be suitable. I had planned on printing a photo on them but got around the problem by printing the image on photo paper and getting the kids to "volunteer" pasting them onto the cars. Looks great, the envelopes are decent too.



Worth the money if you don't mind the color!

I bought these cards to draw holiday flowers on them with colored pencils. The smooth surface does really work well with color pencils. Very satisfied with my purchase. I will definitely buy these again!

These cards are a decent value for the price, but I agree with other reviews that the ivory color is not very nice. It's kind of yellow, and doesn't really look good with any embellishment I've tried yet. - Cardstock - Cards - Paper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cards - cardstock, cards cardstock Cards - cardstock, cards