Thursday 18 November 2010

Travel Clock - travel clock, travel alarm


Can't beat the quality for the price!! I've been looking for a Seth Thomas travel alarm but haven't been able to find one. I accidently came across this alarm in Amazon. Glad I did! Most inexpensive ones have an alarm that you can hardly hear. No problem waking up with this alarm!! Chaney Instruments AcuRite Traveler Folding Alarm Clock

I wish I had been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the timepiece - no such luck. Even the face of this clock was badly done (numbers are arranged in unevenly and it looks like my 9-year-old kid could have designed a better clockface) - the case is made of very cheap plastic. I can't believe I paid 12 bucks for this thing. It is nice that it's wind-up and doesn't require batteries, but I am returning it for sure.

Not cheap as in expensive, just cheaply made. Winding mechanism doesn't even get you 24 hours of operation. Alarm setting a hassle as it goes off as soon as you set the alarm. Avoid, buy something better even if you have to spend a buck more.

I saw a similar clock (different brand) in a catalog for over $40 - too expensive. So I searched Amazon, and found this clock for what I consider a very reasonable price. I've had it for about a year now, and I like it very much. Only two minor drawbacks - mine seems to run a bit fast, gaining about 5 min. in 24 hours, and the time it takes before it runs down seems to vary. So I have to set it and wind it every night, but that's not a problem. It does what I want it to - wake me up in the morning - and it's a lot easier to set than a digital clock. Here are the pluses summarized:

1. Very reasonable price.

2. Works well.

3. Alarm goes off when set.

4. Easy to set.

5. Glow in the dark hands and numbers last all night.

6. Environmentally friendly, since it doesn't use batteries or electricity. - Travel Alarm - Alarm Clock - Travel Clock - Clock'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information