Thursday 18 November 2010

Hdmi To Component - apple tv, digital to analog


This thing works great! I bought an Apple TV2 and I have an older plasma TV that has no HDMI hook-ups. I tried an HDMI to DVI cable and the only thing the Apple TV2 did was show a white apple logo on a black screen. I knew that I had to get a HDMI to Component converter box to make this work. Most of the converters I saw were in the $200 to $300 range. Most of the cheaper converters got bad reviews. However I took a chance on this one and the chance paid off. This converter was easy to hook up and the picture quality on my Plasma looks awesome. There is also a second HDMI port on the converter so you can connect another HDMI only product to the TV. ViewHD Two Input HDMI to RGB Component YPbPr / VGA 2x1 Switch Converter Support 5.1CH Surround Sound

I have an older 2004 Toshiba 65" HD projection TV. It has always worked well with DVDs and our area finally got HD television service about a year ago. So now we can finally enjoy our HD television for all it's worth. Suddenly after about 6 months of service we started receiving an error message when we turned on the cable TV. "Your HDMI cable does not support HDCP". More recently I purchased an Apple TV2. After a few months and a software update I received the same message. Apple support told me it was because my older TV was not HDCP compliant. The solution would be to buy a new television, but it seemed ridiculous to waste over a thousand dollars for a new set when this older one works fine. This device solved my dilemma. It works well to bridge the gap between old and new technology. Any HDMI device can be hooked up through this box with RCA style component cables and avoid the HDCP problem. Recommended!

When my 10-year-old A/V receiver started to fail, I purchased a new Denon 1911 model that primarily supports HDMI connectivity. My trusty old Mitsubishi CRT RPTV has no HDMI, just component video and/or VGA/RGB. I looked into the HD Fury products and decided not to spend so much money on a solution that may have a short life. Then I found this ViewHD unit at Amazon and the reviews convinced me to try it.



This is working perfectly for me. The picture quality on my 48" HDTV is outstanding: comparing a direct component connection to the TV with an HDMI-to-converter-to-component connection, viewing both simultaneously from my DirecTV HD DVR, I see no visible difference, based on a POP/side-by-side viewing comparison. Even the component out from my non-HDMI DVD player, fed into the component in on my Denon A/V receiver (which upconverts from 480p to 1080i HDMI) and then fed through the converter gives excellent results.



Because all of my audio is managed in my A/V receiver before the HDMI output to the converter/TV, I have not tried nor needed the HDMI to optical conversion. I only use the audio section of the converter to convert PCM digital to L+R analog matrix surround to connect to the TV audio input. When using the powered-off HDMI pass-through feature of my Denon receiver, it automatically converts all digital audio to PCM over the HDMI output to the converter/TV, so we can watch TV without the A/V receiver if we choose to.



I have not used the switchable input feature (don't need it) nor the VGA/RGB output (don't need it either).



So far, I am totally satisfied with this plug and play unit.

I have an older Mitsubishi DLP rear projector that has served me well for various computer presentations when connected using VGA cable to my laptop. Unfortunately, it does not have HDMI inputs so we are forced to use a custom Component-to-VGA cable whenever we want to watch TV/DVD/Blu-Ray movies but found the resolution would drop to 480i but now I can go HDMI Out --> ViewHD HDMI In --> VGA or Component Out and see resolutions as high as 1080i with a very noticeable improvement on quality.

I bought the to use Apple TV2 on my Panasonic Series 7 Plasma. It works great. I highly recommend this product. I bought a cheaper one from amazon trying to save a couple bucks and the picture quality was horrible. The picure quality on the unit is great. Nice and bright. It exceeded my expectations.



Pay no attention to the negative reviews on this product. They are all user error. If you are using this for ATV2 remember that ATV2 only puts out 720p. This product will convert HDMI 720p to component 720p perfectly but if your TV does not support 720p this will not help you.

This device simply works. It accepts HDCP HDMI inputs (1080i in my case) and outputs YPbPr component to my older display that doesn't have HMDI. It prevents my 65" display from forced obsolesce. The display is centered.



I use it to accept outputs from my HTCP (running WMC 7) and my Sony S370 Blu Ray player. I use HDMI (instead of component) from the Blu ray player for two reasons. Primary is the player will upscale DVDs to 1080i via HDMI only, second my old display only has 1 1080i input.



One quirk, and I dont think this is a fault of the ViewHD, more of HDCP at work. If I turn on the Blu Ray player BEFORE I switch to that input on the ViewHD, I get no output. My wife tells me it eventually comes up. I simply cycle power the Blu Ray player and it works.



Only con about this device is the lack of automatic input switching either by source sensing or infared (like the HD Fury 3). Grandted the HD fury is 3x as much. Maybe make the input swtich bigger or further away from the bulky HDMI cables. It's hard to have this device sitting there with all the other gear wtih the HDMI cables sticking out. It can't be hidden if you have to manually switch inputs.



I am not using the optical audio out, so I can't speak to it's performance. It runs cool to the touch.



If you want a more affordable (and available) solution that the HD Fury 3 or Moome EXT, buy this product. Fast shipping, too. I had this product a whole week faster than the HDMI cables I ordered from Amazon via super saver shipping. - Hdcp - Digital To Analog - Hdmi Switch - Apple Tv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hdmi To Component - apple tv, digital to analog hdmi switch Hdmi To Component - apple tv, digital to analog