Thursday 18 November 2010

Psp Games - lexar, memory cards


Bought this last year and used it in a PSP. It has suddenly stopped working and isn't recognized on any computer or in any device. It was working fine while playing a game, but the psp's memory light started flashing a little after quitting the game and then the card was no longer recognized. It's still under warranty so Lexar says they'll replace it. Luckily I had a backup of most of the data. I have another one of these cards that I use for viewing movies and so far it's still working. So we'll see if this was one bad card or something more pervasive to the brand. Lexar Platinum II Memory Stick PRO Duo 16GB

Ordered on the 31st and recieved on the 7th. Works very quickly and is very reliable so far. I would say that the Lexar brand is in equal quality to the Sony and SanDisk brands of memory sticks at a much cheaper price. After in-system format you'll get only 14GB though.

I bought one of these used, and at first, I loved it. Enormous amount of space for music, videos and pictures. But after two months it died. Flat out unreadable by any device.

I was disappointed but decided since it was used that I must have just been bad-luck.

So I bought another of the same card brand New. Out of the Box it was also dead. Unreadable by any device (tried it on my PC, PSP and PS3 all of which said that It couldn't be read/there was no memory stick inserted).

I don't know if I just have the worst luck in the world or what. But I'm definitely not going back to Lexar any time soon.

I've had my psp since the day it came out, its an original, still in great condition. I have had a 2 GB card forever, It was nice for loading 1 or 2 games onto but space was always limited, But I never wanted to drop $50.00 on a 8 or 16 gig card.



This card was definitely worth every penny, and probably a lot more.



I have been using it alot with many games loaded onto it and load and transfer speeds are great.



Also the shipment was quick and came neatly packaged unlike some things I purchased before which usually have some stickers that someone attempted to remove on them.





Overall I have to say, 5 stars for the product, 5 stars for the seller.

I basically bought this for my Sony PSP to increase its memory capacity to carry more videos and music. At 16 gigs, it does the job and much cheaper than getting a Sony Memory Stick. Had it for a month at full capacity and had no issues with it. Once the 32 gig card goes down to an affordable price, I'll upgrade to it. Then it would rival the memory capacity of the PSPgo without the bluetooth but with the UMD drive which to me is a must if you have the UMD games and movies.

I bought this card from Beach Camera, and I must say I'm impressed...

At first I was skeptical about Mark 2 cards and their performance, but now I believe in it... my old 8gb stick from Sandisk has lower read/write speeds than this one (In the benchmark I ran in the PSP the read/write speeds of this baby are about 10MB, the double of the Sandisk card I own)



Also, the stick that was shipped to me is not like the one of the image, it has the Full-HD video thing on it too(not that I care about it but I felt like telling this too)...



If you are trying to find a high speed/high capacity memory stick for your PSP I'd recommend you this one... I didn't tried the Pro-HG or Ultra sticks from Sony/Sandisk but since they are twice as expensive I'd rather stay with this one



**Important Note: when formatted this card will have only 14,7~14,8GB on the PSP... this is normal, and every card of 16GB should have this space available after formatting them... - Psp - Lexar - Memory Stick - Memory Cards'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information