Thursday 18 November 2010

Qty 3


I ordered 3 of these cables. All three were blue, 18" working SATA cables with latches on both ends, but one of the three had straight connectors on both ends, rather than a 90 degree connector on one end. The other two were as described. Xion XON-SATA918ML_BL 18-Inch SATA II with Metal Latch Cable (Blue) - Retail

For some reason 18" in my head seemed like a normal length cable but really it is pretty much long enough to go anywhere in my mid-tower case with room to spare, no problem there! The little metal clips on the ends of both connectors are great for hold the cable in place, which comes really in hand in my case where the side that opens rubs against the connector of the hard drives. Very nice green color for organizing my different hard drives and such, definitely stands out. Right angle at the end of the cable is nice for plugging into the hard drive with the straight end going to my motherboard, makes connecting them that much easier, especially keeping it in. I would definitely recommend this cable if you have had trouble like me with keeping your cable in place on the drive or motherboard, the metal clips are sure to keep it connected at all times.

These SATA cables are just what I needed. The right length, color, etc., but the best feature is the latch that keeps them from becoming detached if you bump the cable.



My gripe is that I could only order 3 of them! I have 5 devices, but could only purchase 3! I thought I would just wait and order two more, but I AM NOT ALLOWED TO ORDER ANY MORE! No where does it say quantity is limited for your order.



This is the message I received: We are sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. Because you have purchased the maximum allowable quantity in the past you cannot buy any more units of this item.



I have not seen this before. So, what Amazon is telling me, is I cannot purchase this item ever again? I am not trying to buy 10,000 of them and resell them elsewhere, I just wanted 5 cables for my 5 devices! Someone owes me an explanation, Amazon...

These are decent cables. Quality isn't any better than the free cables you get with a motherboard purchase, but I do like that there are plenty of colors to choose from. I use these colored SATA cables to give me a quick visual reference to what kind of volume it is (when you have 8 similar HDDs in a case, it can be a big help that the cables are colored differently).



I didn't run into any issues of being shipped the wrong items, although I do feel that these can be slightly less expensive than the five dollars I was charged.

Works great especially if you are replacing the non-clip lock cable. Plus with the color you can assign to individual devices for easy recognition of which device is plugged into which SATA connection.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information