Monday 22 November 2010

Sensitive Skin


These are great baby wipes. Our newborn has never had a negative reaction to these wipes, and they are wet enough to get the job done on even the dirtiest diapers. This package contains 4 packs, each of which contains 192 wipes. The 192-wipe packs are further broken down into three individually-wrapped packs of 64 wipes, which fit perfectly into standard-sized plastic wipe containers, including the containers on most wipe warmers. So, you are really getting 12 individually wrapped packs of 64 wipes.

I don't have anything to add about the quality of this product. They are good. I just wanted to update folks with the fact that I just received a shipment of these and the flap that allows you to open and reseal the package is there. I still have packages of the old ones (we still had a whole box of the ones we ordered over a year ago when my toddler needed them, and we opened it with the arrival of our twins) and the only difference between the old packaging and new packaging is that the old packaging has an arrow and "open here" right by the resealable flap. Now there is no printing indicating the existence of the flap, but it is there.

We have really enjoyed using these wipes for our daughter. We carry a large package with us when we travel, and the wipes stay moist for weeks after being opened, as long as you reclose them with the adhesive strip. But there is the problem....



Just received a box of these wipes, and Pampers has decided to remove the reclosing feature, meaning that once open, you have to put them into a container. Feh - this is messy, and the wipes are now more exposed to air and will probably dry out. So now we cut open a slot and fashion a closure strap from a piece of packing tape (when we just want the package of wipes without the container.) Pampers: By cutting costs, you may have lost a customer - we'll look at other, more convenient brands now.

These wipes are great. They are very soft and don't irritate my daughter's skin, who is prone to eczema.



They also work in the wipe warmers (when you pull one out, it pulls another one up through the slot like a tissue. The Huggies wipes I tried did not do that, and you had to fish around for a new wipe each time.)



Each package is wrapped in plastic with a resealable strip that holds up to repeated use. The generic wraps I've tried often are packaged in thinner plastic that rips when you try to pull open the adhesive cover, or the adhesive loses its stickiness before the last wipe is used.



I keep a package in every room my baby plays in. If I had one complaint it is that 192 wipes is really overkill for the diaper bag, so I put some in a separate container or plastic bag, but that's the same with all brands I've tried (and it's the perfect amount of wipes for the wipe warmer, which I recommend for anyone who needs to change a diaper in the middle of the night, or whose baby doesn't like to get changed).

I usually use Huggies Natural Care, and recently tried these because they were less expensive. They are horrible and I can't wait until we are out of them so we can switch back! They are very thin. I have to use two at a time to avoid getting my hands dirty because stuff soaks through one wipe so quickly. They also have a slightly slimy feel that takes forever to dry on baby's skin, which means I have to sit there for even longer waiting to put a diaper back on with a child who is already squirmy. They also don't smell nearly as nice as the Huggies product. My child also seems to have developed a large diaper rash since starting to use these, but I'm not entirely sure it's the fault of the wipes (nothing else has changed though and in 10 months of using Huggies she's only ever gotten rashes when we travel, which didn't happen this week). I definitely do not recommend this product.

I purchased these wipes after reading reviews about the product. I agree, they do work very well. The only drawback is that due to the softness of the wipe, they can sometimes tear while being used. Other than that, they are absolutely wonderful on baby's skin and do a good job.

I previously used Huggies wipes but wanted to save money since they can be 5 cents a wipe. However, the Pampers wipes are so thin that I ended up using 2-3 wipes instead of the 1 Huggies wipe. Going back to using Huggies.

I like keeping wet wipes handy in the bathroom and in my car, but it has been hard to find wipes that don't break me out. I can only imagine what it must be like trying to find the right ones for sensitive little babies.



Thank goodness there's Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes. After trying out what seems like dozens of different brands and styles, these are so far the only ones I've found that my skin tolerates. The only down side about them is that about a year ago the manufacturer whittled down their size. That's probably just fine for little bottoms, but I'm not little!



Amazon is the only place I've found where I can stock up on refills and get them shipped free. What more could I ask for? Absolutely nothing.



(Well, another grandbaby wouldn't hurt my feelings.)



Five stars! *****'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information