Monday 8 November 2010

Lifegear - spine, back pain relief


I have degenerative disc disease, so I get pretty significant back pain if I overdo things, but being in pretty good shape otherwise, I'm not willing stop doing the things I like. I'm always on the lookout for things that can help with the pain.



I looked quite a bit, and wasn't able to find any inversion table anywhere close to this one in price. Despite that, it's a quality unit, and should last years.



Be warned that it is heavy - especially if you are getting it for a bad back. It comes in a single box when it is shipped, and you will definately want a buddy with you when you bring it in the house and start to assemble it. If I had to guess, I'd say it was about 50 pounds.



There are a lot of parts - some assembly required is an understatement. Again, if this is not your forte, you will want a buddy with you to help. When you get it all together, you'll find that the weight pays off in it being a nice sturdy unit you can trust to hold your weight.



It is semi-portable, but keep in mind the overall weight. It does fold for storage, but moving it around is not something you're going to want to do every day. Also, it comes with covers that you install over the hinges of the frame. I think these are a safety hazard, since they cover the hinge lock. If you are moving the frame a lot, and one day you get on without the frame being fully locked, I think bad things could happen. I'd rather be able to see that things are locked in place rather than have the decorative covers. Luckily, they are easy to remove. I don't want anyone to think I'm saying I think the table is unsafe - just be cautious when you set it up.



It has a number of adjustments that make it useful for a wide range of body sizes. I'm 6'4 and 220#, and it does just fine with me.



I've found that just a couple of minutes on this table does my back more good than an hour in a hot tub or a handful of Tylenol. It's amazing how much good it's done me.



I have every confidence in this table and highly recommend it. I don't think you'll find a better table for the money anywhere. LifeGear Inversion Table

I have had 4 months now and just love it. Spouse is over #220 pounds and inversion table has no problem holding him. Would highly recommend, the price is great as well as free shipping when I purchased it. It's sturdy and is easy to use. Would definitely recommend wearing shoes as the instructions state. It's a little uncomfortable barefoot. The handles are easy to pull oneself up with and it doesn't rock while inverted as some tables do. Highly recommend.

This bench is everything it's advertised to be. Fairly simple to assemble and very sturdy and well built. Very easy to tip back by changing your center of gravity. You just raise your hands over your head and it slowly rolls you over, couldn't be easier. I'm very happy with this purchase.

I suffer from lower back problem and inversion allows the vertebrae to seperate and relieve pressure from the nerves coming from the spinal cord. I have found that by using the table twice a day, I suffer less pain than before using the table. Take note that the devices used to secure your ankles in position the front piece should be holding the top of your feet and the back piece should be holding the back of your heel NOT gripping your ankles. This allows for better comfort. Enjoy.

I purchased a deluxe LifeGear Inversion table a month ago, and I have used it once or twice a day with improvement in low back and neck spasm. Yesterday, I developed a headache while inverted only a few minutes. This morning, I had flashes in the left eye, and later, a black spot in the outer and lower field of vision. My opthalmologist confirmed a retinal hemorrhage and vitreous detachment. I am a 66-year old physician and never had high blood pressure, retinal problems or other diseases. My ophthamologist advised me to discontinue using the inversion table. I did take one aspirin tablet last week, and I since noted that taking aspirin is not recommended for users of this device--although the note, from another manufacturer, indicated that people taking aspirin are more likely to have cardiovascular problems, and the device is not dangerous. As for me, I have changed my mind about using it, since I value my vision more than my back, and I am going to petition LifeGear to add a disclaimer regarding retinal hemorrhage.

I ordered this back in March knowing that it would not ship/arrive until April/May. Amazon sent a delay message offering to back out, but I kept the order and it was sent out only a week after with tracking number.

It arrived today, May 11. First impression... wow it's heavy (65#) and they shipped it for free! Second impression upon opening... very solid construction, packaging and manual. I know this thing has to be made in China, but it actually seemed to be US made, from impression of the printed material, instructions, and packaging quality (very good).

So, I put it together, took about 30-45 minutes (I'm slow). One set of 8 screws for the feet were not called out in the parts list, but no problem. Got it set up and started messing with it.

First, this is rated for someone up to 300 lbs! I believe it from the very sturdy materials, construction and design.

After some trial and error tweaking, I was comfortably inverting to vertical!

The pros are already listed, as well as the easy adjustability for height and inclination stop. The superior handle design makes it very easy to pull yourself back up if you have it adjusted incorrectly or close to vertical.

The con - I'm not crazy about the ankle holders. I tried it with only socks on (which they probably don't recommend), my ankles weren't very comfortable - I'm going to try it with shoes the next time.

I was amazed how my back feels after one session. It "clicked" as I was hanging and now feels warm and comfortable.

I totally recommend this model to anyone looking for an inversion table. If you get free shipping, count your blessings even more. I can't imagine any table being a better value, or even better quality, than this. - Spine - Inversion Table - Back Pain - Back Pain Relief'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information