Monday 8 November 2010

Ipad 2 Cover - apple, blueproton


It appeared to be a clever way to cover the front of the IPad2 without adding much bulk or thickness.

The magnetic switching on and off by lifting the half cover seems nifty.



In practice it turned out not to be smart.



I have two of these covers. one of polyurethane and one is black leather.



With both, the stand that is made by folding the cover into a triangle is not stable and the IPad falls over when the screen is touched with any pressure, as when typing.

Sometimes it topples if the pad is just jostled slightly, and then the pad gets a healthy knock.

That cannot be good for it, and each time I check if the glass cracked.

Not yet, but maybe next time...



As it is really a half cover: it only protects the glass front, if that, and the aluminum back is prone to scratches and dings.



In the case of a long fall the pad has no protection at all.

That is 500 dollars - or more - of an investment in a nice Apple IPad shattered.



If you use the cover enough you will find that the magnetic lining of the cover attracts metallic dust.

Some of that dust is quite able to scratch the face of the pad.



I would rather have a thicker more protective cover for such a neat - and expensive - device like the IPad2.

And with the price of the delicate IPad, it is a bit surprising that the pad comes with no case supplied.

Wait, its not surprising, as Apple wants you to buy a pricey "smart cover".

As well as purchasing another IPad when the first one shatters in a fall.



Actually I am not taking the chance, I will not use these covers anymore.

It is just too risky, and no gives protection to the IPad.

I cannot recommend them in any way. Apple iPad 2 Polyurethane Smart Cover - Gray (MC939LL/A)

The cover works mostly as expected and looks nice, but it does not "clean the screen" as Apple suggests, instead leaving three thick lines across it. This makes the need for a wiping cloth more pressing since the three lines are pretty distracting (almost more so than the fingerprints).



Also, after having my iPad 2 in the car with me for a day, I found that the powerful magnets had picked up some sort of metal particles that I had to pull off of them. Had I not noticed them for a while, they may have actually scratched up my screen every time I close the cover.



And as others have said, this thing does nothing to protect the back, nor does it work well with any of the current crop of iPad back covers. Still I like how it looks on my white iPad and I'm sure the protection is pretty good (though I did also purchase a clear screen film to make sure).

It really isn't perfect. I mean, I know it's just an iPad case, but for the price, it should be more functional. I love the fact that it works with the design of the iPad, not against it. The main problem I have with this case is that it doesn't have a way to magnetically keep itself together when I'm viewing the iPad, and the case is open. While it's closed, this is a great cover. When it's open, it's super awkward.

I've had this cover for a month. I adore my IPad (first one I've owned) and I treat it with great care. I bought the red leather cover (pricey for what it is) specifically so I easily spot my Ipad on a table and it doesn't end up mistaken as a coaster, etc. And it does look attractive.



After a month's use I found the cover, while clever and attractive, is much to delicate and fiddly. I spend more time serving the needs of the cover then having it just working in the backround assisting ME. I was constantly folding it up in the wrong direction and having remember which direction it goes and start over plus it slips its hinges and I have to reseat it, CONSTANTLY. If I use it a horizontally oriented stand and touch the top of the ipad it topples. Not fun if you have it on a granite countertop..my heart has almost stopped a few times.



The back of the Ipad 2 is unprotected. Does this matter? YES. After researching consumer reviews on Amazon to seek out advice or how other people dealt with these issues, I carefully folded back the cover in half flush against the back of the IPad and held the whole thing in my left hand to clean the screen with my right hand. The hinges moved and the whole thing flipped out of my hands and onto the tile floor. Fortunately the glass didn't break, but 3 of the edges got marred and permanently scuffed, since the back is unprotected.



Please don't respond by telling me that its my fault for not removing the cover before giving the screen a quick clean. The consumer shouldn't be spending this much time fiddling with something that's supposed to be protective.

I bought one of these the day I bought an iPad2. At first I thought it was cool, but after using it for a bit I discovered just how awkward it is. It works fine as a stand and is a useful cover. But the rest of the time if flaps around and gets in the way. So you have to take it off and put it back on all the time. That's not at all difficult, but it is a hassle. I have since bought a Griffin Folio case, which I find much more comfortable to hold and practical. It stays with the iPad, this one gathers dust in my office. - Apple - Blueproton - Ipad 2 - Smart Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipad 2 Cover - apple, blueproton ipad 2 Ipad 2 Cover - apple, blueproton