Monday 8 November 2010

Earbuds For Small Ears - comfortable, exercise


I bought these headphones out of sheer desperation while in Target, so I could listen to music on my iPhone while shopping (too many distractions, I am not what one would call a "people person"), and was shocked at more than a few features:



1. Comfort. I have always been skeptical of ear bud headphones, because all others hurt my ears after a short time. These, however, fit perfectly right out of the box. They do come with different size ear pieces (small, medium, large). The over-the-ear construction is flexible enough to allow for some movement, unlike the ear buds that come with the iPhone/iPod, so they are about a thousand times more comfortable - a huge plus in my book.



2. Sound quality. I own a great number of Bose/higher end equipment, and while these headphones definitely aren't on that level of sound, they are incredibly good! Great bass, crystal clear high tones, and no distortion at all at high volumes. I was pleasantly shocked, to say the least. They are also pretty good at blocking noise, although these are not noise-reduction headphones.



3. Ease of use. As stated, I bought these at Target, tore them out of the box in the parking lot, and wore them into the next store - they stayed in place, and when I needed to I could simply pop out the ear buds and leave the earpieces just over my ears. The length of the cord is also just right for an iPhone or iPod - not so long it gets caught on things, and not too short where you feel restricted in movement.



Overall, for $30, these were a great buy! I'm very impressed. Philips SHS8100/28 Earhook Headphones

I was looking for headphones that would stay put while I was running and after a lot of research I found these. I loved them as soon as I put them in -- I have smaller ears so the various sizes were ideal. They absolutely stay put when I go running, no matter how much I sweat. I put them in and don't have to think about my headphones again until I take them out.

They bend! They flex! they fit! They stay on! They can be fitted to hang over my ears taking weight off the sensitive canals. These come with 3 sizes of tips for the canal buds and the small size is actually small enough for me.



Standard I-Phone/I-Pod ear-buds are useless to me. Ear-hooks seemed the logical choice for me but, most ear-hooks fall off my ears because the loops/hangers are made for bigger (average?) ears and they seem huge. I try bending other ear-hooks to reshape and they break. If I could get the hooks to fit, the round speaker buds were still too big for my ear folds/canal.



I have (cute) little ears. It has been expensive and painful hunting for headphones/earphones. I tried many many brands and models. For me, almost all in-the ear/earbuds cause terrible pain because they just will not fit without force. With models that offer size choices, the "small size" bud tips were too big for my ear canals.



I've only had luck with circum-aural headsets (full size, fitting around the outside of ears). I wear the big ones inside my home for tv/music when I want to spare others from hearing. But full-size cans are hardly discrete/convenient for many away-from-home uses.



These are beautifully adjustable and have a small enough inner cap! I still haven't found a good earphone with microphone to use with my cell phone, but at least I can wear these to listen to music on an mp3 player. I wish somebody would adapt this design to bluetooth and add a mic!



Meanwhile, for little ears, this is a Eureka! design.

I bought these headphones to wear under my helmet as I ride my bike. The comfort is amazing and the sound quality is not bad while riding. Since the wrap-around ear piece is very flexible, it makes fitting the helmet over the headphones very easy and doesn't irritate my ears either. If you are a biker looking for some good headphones that will fit comfortably, these are the ones.

I bought these specifically to use while working out and I could not be happier! I am a fan of good sound quality and was worried these "cheap" headphones would not suffice. I own the Bose QC2's, the Shure E4c earbuds, and an older pair of Sony MDR-CD580's so I know what good headphones/earbuds are supposed to sound like. Now obviously these don't sound as good as the Shure E4c's but at 1/10th the price (literally) these sound phenomenal. The Shure's don't sound 10 times as good (diminishing return on investment with them...but on a side note...the Shure's are simply stunning). They need a snug/airtight fit in your ear canal to ensure good sound quality so be patient and try the different ear pieces they come with until you find one you like. Also, they sound better once you start to workout...I think the sweat helps them make a better seal haha.



The cord is a good length...not too short getting pulled out and not w/feet of extra cord laying around. I have a "SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Black)" and these headphones work great with it.



The "earhook" design holds them in place. ALSO, I was worried that the in-ear design of the earbud would amplify noises like a pair of earplugs...like hearing every thud of your footsteps as you walk...our worse yet it you run. But, much to my delight, these headphones work great with running and that is not an issue.



You can't go wrong with these! - Running - Comfortable - Exercise - Earbuds For Small Ears'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information