Friday 11 June 2010

Notebook Adapter - apple, macbook


I bought this apple mackbook adapter from the store front at amazon and was completely amazed to find out that its a fake macbook adapter, Guys please stay away from this store front "bobcatpower Storefront" and i would not recommend anyone to buy anything from this bobcatpower Storefront. The plug is loose and its very low quality. If you see the picture on the storefront it shows "APPLE LOGO" on the adapter but the adapter that received has no such logo.



When i ask the seller to take it back in return at the same time i wrote a honest feedback saying that the seller "bobcatpower" is selling a fake adapter and i really wanted other people to know so that they dont make the same mistake as i did, Now the seller threaten me saying that if i dont remove the negative feedback the storefront "bobcatpower" would the same to me. I am completely amazed as how amazon allows this kinda store front to operate. I am a valuable customer of amazon but now i really have to think hard before i make any other purchases on amazon's store front.

When i asked the seller to return my shipping cost, the store front "bobcatpower" is replying me back with another threaten email saying that they would only return back my shipping cost only if i remove the negative feedback. But i dont care much about the shipping cost and i would make sure that this store front is banned from amazon who indulge themseleves in threaten their customers and also by selling wrong and fake items to their customers.



I would also suggest amazon to stop allowing this fake store fronts to operate on such a reputed online store. Apple MagSafe 60W Power Adapter for MacBook MA538LL/B (Retail Packaging)

Got one of these with my second mac. And it's the second mac I've had with a power cord that frays and melts down. the magnasafe connection is a fantastic advance, but I don't understand why Apple has such a difficult time making power cords... i see that there is the option to make a video review, looking forward to filming the smuldering remnants of my power cord so that you can all share in the misery of second rate technology.

I love apple and I will keep apple products even though this adapter creates quite a problem. I didn't know, until I replaced mine, how common the problem was. Luckily I purchased the extended warranty so even if I have to replace it every year, apple will do it for free the first 3 years.



But it puzzles me why they can't create a better adaptor, especially at this price. Which is why I gave it two stars: high price and will only last about 1 year. But, you don't have any other choices right now so you have to just bight the bullet or leave apple macbooks alone.



If you purchase from amazon you will get a genuine apple adaptor, i can't say the same from any storefront--I always treat them as buyer beware.

I am a die-hard, rather-fight-than-switch Mac user. That said, I have been disappointed with this product and if someone else made a powercord for macbooks, I'd buy one elsewhere. The bottom line is that the junction boxes on the chords overheat. Every other mac user I know experiences this (as well as the batteries getting really hot in the laptops themselves). In this case, my junction box overheated to the extent that it literally melted the thin chord that goes from the box to the computer. Yes, melted. Which is why I needed to purchase this item. And why I was frustrated that I had to pay $80+ for a product made only by Apple that is faulty in design. And yes, the new chord gets hot, just as the old one did. It took 2 years for that one to eventually melt itself - am hoping this one will last longer. I still wouldn't switch from Mac computers, but I do wish Apple would rework these chords and then make replacements free or cheap to folks who've had melt-downs like mine.

This is the only charger available for my Macbook so I have no choice! Magsafe is an ingenius design and the looks of this charger is much more pleasant compared to the bulky, unsightly ones other laptops have. However, the wires and rubber covering is so thin and not heat resistant that I had to buy this new charger. The rubber near the main charging plug has melted. Apple needs to work on this.

I've used this adapter for about a month now, and I'm sure the magnetic attachment has saved me one, maybe even two, broken cords. Good going, Apple! Now for the bad news. These little wall warts are easily misplaced, left behind, etc., and the price, as you've no doubt noticed, is 10-15 bucks more than the previous model. I left mine in the hotel room, and the hotel can't find it, so after a single month I'm out another $80+ for a replacement. And if the sticker shock weren't enough, go to Apple Store and check out the reviews of this little number from numerous unhappy users, who award it a collective 2 stars (out of 5). Apparently it heats up and shorts out within a year. That's small consolation for my loss--at least I won't be electrocuted quite as early as some other users. Still you might want to check eBay to see when some clones at a third of the price are available. - Power Adapter - Mac - Macbook - Apple'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Notebook Adapter - apple, macbook macbook Notebook Adapter - apple, macbook