Friday 11 June 2010

Coffee Pot Replacement - cuisinart carafe, cuisinart coffee maker


I received an e-mail from Amazon asking me to review this carafe, which I had purchased about two weeks ago. OK, I'll write a review. Here we go: In a world where carafes often go unnoticed, many carafes and carafe-like kitchen accessories struggled to rise above the masses; to gain recognition; to find some way to be different. This carafe, all by itself, did just that. Bravely staying put in the coffee maker while near-boiling coffee dripped in, resolutely holding this coffee for up to several hours so that the Joe wouldn't just flow freely across the kitchen counter top, this carafe decided to make a difference. Sometimes our world seems to be coming apart at the seams, but you can count on this carafe to hold your coffee together in one place. Coming soon to a theater near you. (I'm here all week; try the roast beef). Cuisinart DCC-1200PRC 12-Cup Replacement Carafe-Black

Having already replaced my DCC 1200PRC twice a friend advised to shop for the generic version which is available at about half the price! Although I love my Cuisinart coffee maker, replacing the pot had become way too expensive. I am very happy with the model that I found at Total Vac.

This is an excellent example of soaking the consumer. You can buy an entire coffee maker for the price of this carafe, but once you've committed to the Cuisinart coffee maker, you've got to buy their replacement carafe only because nothing else will fit. And it's not terribly well made (fairly thin glass), which is why the original one broke so easily.



But it does make good coffee. Just be careful washing the carafe.

I have had my Cuisinart coffeemaker for 3-4 years now, and I'm currently on my fifth (!!!) replacement carafe. The carafe is fine. Its handle is sturdy, the carafe has never dribbled, and can hold max capacity of 12 cups of coffee. I use it about twice a day.

My only complaint is that the glass wall of the carafe is thin. My first, second, and third carafes were chipped or broken by falls. However, this latest one was very flimsy: after many months of handwashing (I never put it in the dishwasher), I accidentally tapped the side of the carafe on the granite counter next to the sink, and it _shattered_ into many small pieces. My fifth carafe now is 5 months strong.

Yes, it's upsetting that the replacement carafes are so expensive. But the coffeemaker itself is excellent, and I won't change getting replacement carafes (unless there is a generic out there that's cheaper and sturdier). This makes me think of inkjet printers: they're so cheap, but the ink is so expensive. The Cuisinart coffeemaker is inexpensive and EXCELLENT, but unfortunately the carafes are expensive.

I've owned Bunn coffee makers for over 20 years. I like them and the three minute coffee they produced. I felt I was ready for change, and I like my new Cuisinart coffee maker. I can live with the 12-15 minutes it takes to create a new pot of coffee. 20 plus years, I never broke a Bunn carafe. Now, 2 1/2 months after buying my new coffee maker, I'm buying a new carafe. I couldn't tell you how it cracked, but it's cracked and costs a little less than 1/3 the price of the entire coffee pot. It's very thin glass, and I'm at a loss. One more carafe and I'm back to a Bunn boy.

Very happy with my coffee maker which I have had for a long time. Unfortunately the carafe got dropped and had to buy this replacement which within a very short time became a "dribble" type of carafe which leaves us wiping up coffee all the time. The coffee leaks out from under the plastic ring. Never had this problem with the original. Its about 3 months old. Amazon says over 30 days contact the manufacturer. Cuisinart says you should have bought it from us but it has no warranty whatsoever so just buy one again. So I need to spend another 25-30 bucks or spill half my coffee on the counter. - Cuisinart Carafe - Replacement Carafe - Coffee Pot Replacement - Cuisinart Coffee Maker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Coffee Pot Replacement - cuisinart carafe, cuisinart coffee maker replacement carafe Coffee Pot Replacement - cuisinart carafe, cuisinart coffee maker