Friday 11 June 2010

Customized Shift Knob - knob, razo


Love this knob. Have no idea why I waited 77k on my 2006 Accord to put it on. Makes shifting more of a joy to a manual car since you hands is on the knob so much. I sometimes debate whether I should have gotten the long RA96, cant really know if short or long feels best until you try both out I guess. But this one is just a bit higher than OEM and my arm can rest on the rest pad and still shift. Looks sharp, feels great and a lot cheaper than Momo brand. I think Razo is top notch. Install is easy as can be too. Razo RA96REA GT Advance Red Leather Short Shift Knob - Pack of 1

Replacing a worn shift knob in a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, I looked at quite a few different ones. Finally decided on this Razo and am glad I did. This shift knob has a much better weight and feel than stock. Installation was easy with the included adapters. I now have better, more solid shifting using the Razo. Only thing that I didn't like was no shift pattern on the knob itself, but on stickers that could be placed on the console.

Very nice product, but the mounting system could be better.



What I did to the proper sized plastic adapter was to pre-tap it before installing, vs just screwing it on to the shifter shaft and having it "cut its own threads.



I also used a drop of thread locker on the shaft before I screwed down the shift knob. Now it is on there and not going anywhere.

Bought this to replace the stock leather knob that had worn out, and I'm so glad I picked this one. Has a great, balanced weight to it which helps with shifting, and has quickly become the focal point in the car. The leather is top-quality, and will last for longer than I'm going to own the car. All my friends ask where I got it, and all the females say it's sexy. You can't go wrong with this one. It self-threads to your shifter, so you don't have to worry about sizing. My only complaint is that it has become a tad bit loose, but not enough to become a problem, just a little annoyance. Otherwise great knob!

I looked and shopped for a nice shift knob high and low and finally came across this one which looked nice..IT IS! Install was a cinch and am going to apply some thread lock(as another person said)to just ensure it stays put and secure. The fit and feel are amazing and its well worth the price and wait for shipping! Put on an Altima SE-R and couldnt be happier!

The weight balance, craftsmanship, and assembly procedure are great. Unlike the screw-mounted aftermarket shift knobs, this one has an insert that threads to your particular shift lever so it won't come loose.



I would have rated it 5 stars if not for the fact that it does not fit all reverse lockout rings. The 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS reverse lockout ring is about 2mm too wide, for example. Razo should at least state that it only fits MOST reverse lockout rings rather than just giving a blanket statement like they do. The best course of action would be for Razo to actually list the opening diameter.

the best shift knob ever!! awesome grip,fits perfect on the celica, it has 3 different addapters a set of decals for the gear locations on your vehicle,I uploaded a picture of it install, I think it looks great with my blue dash led kit.., makes you wanna always keep your hands on it at all times..worth every penny!!!!! - Razo - Knobs - Knob - Shifter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Customized Shift Knob - knob, razo knob Customized Shift Knob - knob, razo