Sunday 11 January 2009

Preschool - art supplies, color


My 3 1/2 yr. old daughter loves these colored pencils. They're easy for her to grasp and color with. They are a little too pricy here on Amazon because there's a shipping charge, but I couldn't find them anywhere in a store. Glad I bought them, but wouldn't again because of the cost.



Update: Feb. 23, 2010

I finally found these at Michaels Arts and Craft store. Crayola 8ct Write Start Colored Pencils

These are fat crayon / pencils.... not exactly colored pencils, and not crayons..... but more like crayons in a 'wooden' pencil like casing. They are durable and strong and we completely prefer them over regular crayons. Worth the price.

I have four children ages 7 and under (plus another due any day). So, I've had plenty of opportunity to discover how art supplies can lead to disasters. After marker tips had been chewed off by our first two children, I decided that markers and little children were not the best combination. After crayons were chewed on, and the drool ended up on the carpet, crayons were not on the favored list either. Plus crayons break easily. So, our coloring utensil of choice in this household is the colored pencil.



These are wonderful colored pencils for the toddler/preschool set. Very easy to grip, cute designs on the side, don't break, less messy than other coloring options. I definitely recommend these colored pencils for toddlers and preschoolers. I just wish they were more easily found in local stores. Since they're not, I was very glad to be able to order these through Amazon.

Perfect for little hands and problem big hands. I enjoy using these instead of the skinny pencils. I have tendon-itis and the looser grip is more comfortable. The colors are rich like Crayola watercolor pencils, wish they came in larger packs of more colors.

For starters, I can't believe they still MAKE these! I bought a set when I was in H.S. for my science class...then I was able to let my son use them 9? years later :) They are extremely durable but I had to buy another set because alas, it is a pencil and they need to be sharpened lol

This time for our daughter I actually sharpened *both* ends so it didn't matter which way she had it!

These pencils are perfect for learning to write. My 3 year old son pulled them out of the box and said "Wanna watch me write I?" These are going to help him master writing better than any skinny pencil. These are worth the cost. This would be a great item for any preschooler or preschool setting. - Crayons - Art Supplies - Color - Art'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Preschool - art supplies, color crayons Preschool - art supplies, color