Sunday 11 January 2009

Brita Water Pitcher - water, water filter


We got this pitcher as a wedding gift and we've been using it now for over 3 years. It's the same picther, we aren't particularly careful with it, and still it looks and works like when we first got it. It's a great size and fits nicely in our fridge. The sides stay clear (unlike some pitchers that yellow) and the top is solid. We were so happy with it we got one for someone else as a wedding gift some time ago.



Some others have mentioned black granules, but we've only seen them in the top of the pitcher (the filter area, not the area that filtered-water goes that you drink). It's our non-scientific understanding that those are part of the carbon-filtering system in the Brita filters. In the 3 years of use, I don't think we've ever seen them in our filtered drinking water - if we have, it was maybe once.



The only other con for the pitcher is you may have to wait a while to fill it. The top part that holds water that is passing through the Brita filter is smaller than the part that holds filtered water, so it takes about two to three fills of the top part to fill the filtered part. The filtering is also a little slow, but not a problem. Brita 42629 Slim Pitcher

This is my second Brita Slim Pitcher - the first served me well for a long time, until I dropped it on a brick patio. It's great for a small fridge like mine. I hate the waste of bottled water and use my Brita to fill a Nalgene bottle instead. One of my favorite features is the the dial that tells me when to replace the filter (because I can never remember when I put the last one in...)



I've owned Pur and GE water pitchers, but always go back to Brita.



One last comment - if you soak a new filter for 15 minutes in a glass of water before using it for the first time as per the directions you won't see ANY "black granules" (charcoal) in your water.

The cost of bottled water adds up and can burn a hole in your wallet, especially if you're a starving student. The Brita pitcher is affordable and saves you more money. And it's also a healthy approach to drinking sodas which adds a great deal of sugar and pounds. Don't let the size fool you. It's not heavy and doesn't take up room. I highly recommend getting this product as to buying spring water in bulk and gallons. You won't feel that you're wasting money and you will get six to eight glasses of water each day.

I got this for my dorm room, and for three girls, this pitcher is too small. This one, the smallest available, is too big for tiny dorm fridges, so you might as well get something bigger that'll let you go longer between refills.



Otherwise, this worked great. I got this because the water in New Haven is comparable to pool water, and the chlorine taste and smell completely disappears after using the filter. Good stuff.

I've used Brita pitchers/filters for years. They used to be very good. In the last couple of years however their quality control has gotten worse and worse. The last few filters I bought all leaked large amounts of the black granules (about a teaspoonful a week). I don't like having black granules swimming in my glass of water. We're using filters to get rid of junk not add it in! When I contacted Brita about this several times via email they wouldn't respond (other than to send me an automated response saying they'd get back to me within a few days).



Buy a different brand. Brita is becoming a joke due to very poor quality control.

I bought this to replace a PUR water pitcher that I had and am a little disappointed. It does an ok job filtering the water and I like that it is a small. The main problem I have with this pitcher is the lid design - It sticks to the top "resevoir" and pulls out the whole top section. You have to use a fingernail or knife to pry it open just to add water each time.



The other thing I was disappointed by, is the filter itself. The PUR filters have a marker on them to let you know when they have been used completely. This Brita pitcher included a static sticker to place on the pitcher to notify you when to replace the filter (3 months). I don't think this is very accurate, since some people may not use there pitcher as much as others.



It's an ok product, but I wish I had researched more carefully regarding the lid at least.

This pitcher is cheap, and you get what you pay for. It has very poor functional design. The chamber that holds the water to be purified and the purifier will pop out of the pitcher while pouring water unless you pour at a very shallow angle. And since there is no spout cover, the purified water will take on all the funky smells of your refrigerator if left to sit for too long.

I really like this brita pitcher, except for the difficult lid. It always takes a few tries to remove it without removing the filter apparatus too. The filter works really well. My building has pipes frin the 1920's so the water is high in minerals. I filter the water for my humidifier, and there are barely any minerals left in the water. (So I know the filter works!) The water is good to drink too. The price is cheaper on Amazon than in stores. Beyond the lid, I recommend it!

I needed clean water because the city I live in has water that smells like a swimming pool. I bought the Brita and it works great! I would suggest getting a different model though because this one doesn't seal. There's an open pour spout, so the water is exposed making it possible to become unclean again. - Water Filter - Water - Brita Water Pitcher - Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Brita Water Pitcher - water, water filter brita water pitcher Brita Water Pitcher - water, water filter