Sunday 11 January 2009

general electric - general electric


Well, I finally used up the last of the whale oil that I inherited from my great grandpappy, and I found that the only gadget giving off light in my house was this here computer monitor. But computer monitors are way too expensive to put in every room, so I went looking for another way to get light into my house at night.



For years I had marvelled at these strange looking socket type thingies with what look like screw threads, only bigger, sticking out of the ceiling of many of the rooms of my house. What were they for? I desperately started searching the Internet until I stumbled on these here "lamps". They look awful funny for lamps. My lamps are way bigger and have pedestals and openings for lighting the wicks, but not these. These are like bulbs, flower bulbs, but they supposedly give light. "Gee", I thought. Maybe they should be called "light bulbs". Just an idea.



So, I ordered a big box of these "lamps" and as soon as I got 'em I started screwing them into these funny socket things in my ceiling. Some of them went on as I got them screwed all the way in, and some only went on after I jiggled these little plastic things that stick out of many of the walls in my house. Guess I figured out what they're for too!



Anyhoo, now I've got light wherever I want it an whenever I want it. Some of my friends are into electrically generated light too, but they get their light from these piggy tail looking things. They're envious of the fact that my bulbs have much softer light and come on immediately and don't make strange buzzy noises. They're amazed to find out that when I accidentally break one of these new "lamps", I can just sweep it up and throw it away without worrying about the gas inside them. Maybe they should switch to these! Now that I have, I don't know what I'd do without them. GE 41028 60-Watt A19, Soft White, 4-Pack - General Electric'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


general electric - general electric general electric general electric - general electric