Monday 17 November 2008

Furniture Arrangements - art, furniture arrangements


I can only speak on behalf of myself, who is a completely clueless when it comes to decorating a home! I have always lived with others in apartments or school dorms, so I never had a say on home decor. Now, in the process of buying my first home, I am completely lost as to how to decorate it and what to buy! I love entertaining and I love having visitors over. I love color and I love beautiful furniture... if it wasnt for this book, I'm sure I would have gotten tons of different focal points and tons of splashes of color (I was color deprived when I was young!). This book helps you organize your thoughts mentally, and helps when you are starting off with a clean canvas. I say it's helpful for the clueless because it is of tremendous help to me (very clueless!). I'm not sure how helpful it will be if you already have ideas about home decorating! It's also pretty modern (I'm 24) if that is the direction you are looking towards.



The last section is also really cool! It has a floor grid and cut-out furniture pieces and a checklist that I can't wait to play around with! The Nest Home Design Handbook: Simple ways to decorate, organize, and personalize your place

I purchased this book because I wanted some unique ideas in an easy to read format and sure enough, this is what I was given!!! I love it!!! It is FULL of pictures which makes it easy for my husband to flip through and say like it/hate it....and that brings a huge grin to my face ;-) Oh, we relocate every three to four years (nope, not a military family) and we ALWAYS have new places and spaces. This gives great advice on using what you have and really adding speacial pieces.

This book is perfect for the beginning home owner or renter who doesn't know where to begin in making decisions about how to decorate their home. The book has material you can't find elsewhere on layout, types of sofas, chairs, beds, rooms etc. The rooms are contemporary, up-to-date and fresh.



The book has useful charts and questionnaires which will help the reader in decision-making and it's very clear and easy to read. It's a wonderful springboard to begin to articulate your personal style. I teach a class on interior design through continuing education and find the book very useful for students as an introduction to a complex subject like interior design.

We're purchasing our first home and I felt overwhelmed at the prospect of designing every room from scratch but this wonderful book inspired me to embrace the entire project, including painting walls. It's elementary, the Nest Home appears to be geared toward newly marrieds, but for those like me who need a refresher on the basics, this works!

I really enjoyed looking through this book. I haven't read the whole thing though but what I have read is great! It gives great tips, pictures, a nice reference in back of the book, and some color schemes. This is a great book for just getting started with decorating, or if you would like some fresh ideas.

This book has helped me so much. I made use of the lists they provide for you in the back and when I went shopping for a room in my house, I had my list ready to go and picked everything out. It was so helpful. I love all the ideas and WOW, it is SO easy to read and easy to follow. This book has great tips along the sides of the pages and explains everything so easily, and it's easy on your eyes. The font and the way they designed the book layout is great, like I said, easy to read and understand. Very modern ideas that I love. Plus it's a pretty book to put on display. I can't say enought about this, I would recommend this to anyone who wants an easy read for fresh and modern approaches to interior design.

I am totally into home design and watch as many shows as possible on HGTV. I also love [..]. This book proves to be the perfect combination of the two. The pages are well designed and easy to follow. The tips are great and I think anyone who is into home design will like this book.

I bought this book a few days ago, and I have hardly been able to put it down since. I'm fairly new to decorating; I'm a beginning grad student renting a small single-family home. This book is by no means a complete reference guide to home decorating, but it has plenty of inspiring design ideas (LOTS of full-page photos) and basic information (e.g., types of carpet/furniture/lighting, how to arrange furniture and decorations, etc). These ideas can be incorporated into just about any design plan and any budget. However, it really is more of an idea/inspiration book and NOT a step-by-step guide to anything.



The book is organized into four main functional areas of the home ("live" = living room, "eat" = kitchen, "sleep" = bedroom, "stash" = closet/office organization), and it has a short planning and reference section at the end. This book is ideal for young decorators, and I believe it's actually intended for young newlyweds in particular (hence "The Nest" affiliation). Most of the designs feature contemporary style (think ikea), so keep that in mind.



Overall, a great book to get you started. I recommend it to all the twenty- and thirty-somethings out there looking to establish a sense of contemporary style in their homes.

As someone who knows very little about decorating and style, I found this book to be very inspirational and helpful. I consider it a must have. It covers furniture and art arranging, how to set a table, items to keep in a bar, explores color and creative storage ideas, just to name a few.

I love this book. - Art - Furniture Arrangement - Decorating - Furniture Arrangements'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Furniture Arrangements - art, furniture arrangements furniture arrangements Furniture Arrangements - art, furniture arrangements