Saturday 22 October 2011

Water Pick - braces, water pik


I received this as a placeholder until I get my 'real' water pick and now it is literally doing that on my bathroom counter. It was purchased at a closeout store for under $15. I had no problems with the volume of the reservoir or battery life; perhaps I am not being thorough enough in my cleaning, but I digress. My issues are with its design. It has a propensity to tip over and the battery cover will not close, so, water + electricity - need I say more? Also, as stated by another reviewer, the tip pops off, which mine did regardless of the setting or whether the end was blocked. This may be due to a brittle gasket - judging by the reviews, I think my item may have been sitting on the shelf for a while. Regardless, the problem is not worth the cost to ship it for repairs - I will just save my money for the other product as I suggest everyone should.

This water pick is not very powerful. The water stream is weak. However, it does work and it is very small, so if you are going to travel, this is the best water pick because it runs on 3 AA batteries. You can not take an ac device with you to Europe, Africa, Russia, or Asia because the outlets are different! So I have to give this product a 5 for travel but a 1 for home use (3 overall).

I have a great tountertop water pic, but needed a small compact one for traveling. I've tried others and they are all awful. The ones that are one-piece like the Panasonic not only have a small chamber, but are very awkward to use - how do you get to all your teeth if it stops squirting when you turn it upside down? I found myself doing contortions to try to get to the inside of my lower teeth. I searched high and low for a decent one, and this is the first fabulous one I found. It's very intelligently designed with excellent compartments to hold the hose and tips inside the cover for travel. The only draw back is that the lid needs a better snap-shut system. I have to tape mine on when I travel. However that's a small problem compared the the pluses - including a bigger water chamber than any other travel pic. And it's much easier to refill than the one piece units, so if you need more than one filling to dwell on all your teeth, what's the big deal? I'm buying them as presents for friends.

We received the Conair W13CS Interplak Dental Water Jet sooner than we had expected. We have tried it out and found it to be what we desired, a good dental irrigator completely independent of electical outlet variances so that it can be used in any country.

I bought this for traveling, but the tip pops out of the handle several times while in use. I have to push the tip back in (with my teeth) again, and again & again. Also, I have arthritis and the knob is so small, I have to use tools to turn it on/off, depending on how my fingers are working that day. - Water Pick - Water Pik - Oral Irrigator - Braces'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information