Saturday 22 October 2011

Portable Dvd Player - broken, portable dvd player


I read both positive and negative reviews and decided to take a chance. We took it on a LONG car trip this summer and it worked flawlessly the whole trip for our COBY Portable DVD Player. I didn't have any issues with a fuse shorting out. I recommend that if you get this product, check your DVD player (or other electronic device you want to use) on the specific DC voltage it requires and then choose the appropriate setting on your car adapter. If you randomly choose a setting, it will blow a fuse. My DVD player had a voltage requirement listed directly above the power input, but it should also say on the fine print on the back of just about any product - look for "DC In" followed by 9V for example. Coby IC Regulated 800mA Universal DC Car Converter CA709

This is a good product but a little on the flimsy side. The button to switch voltage moves easily and you can accidentally move it while in operation and potentially damage whatever electronic device you're using it for. It does come with a nice selection of interface plugs and variations of voltage settings. If it stops working, unscrew the plug-in section to reveal the fuse. You can change the fuse if it blows and it will work again.

This is a great set. It has adapters for every type of DC ring/tip power jack you can think of. Its fuse is simple to change (I have never had to, but I make myself aware of these things).



Never had a problem with it in the month or so that I have had it.

Perfect to replace almost any damaged car-charger. It comes with multiple plugs and it's very easy to change one for another.

---

Perfecto para reemplazar casi cualquier cargador para carro dañado. Viene con varios conectores y son muy faciles de cambiar.

Unfortunately, this converter burns rather than charges the dvd. the coby dvd that links you to this product doesn't charge from this converter at all. after a while, the converter heats up and releases burning plastic odors. although it did charge a different device (electric razor), it is unusable for the specific DVD.

Since the cassette player is broken in my pickup I thought I'd buy this instead of a new radio so that I could play my ipod in the truck. The volume is a little lower over the radio than I would like but other than that it has worked great for the last month. - Coby Dvd Player - Broken - Portable Dvd Player - No Good'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information