Wednesday 26 October 2011

Transformers - accessories, power converters


The price was good, and it's been on (almost) 24/7 for about 4 months with no problems.



Also, it comes with an adapter that allows you to plug it into European (2 pronged) outlets. I didn't know this at the time I made this purchase and wasted money buying an adaptor for this purpose. Goldsource® Step Up and Down Voltage Converter Transformer ST500 - Transformer - AC 110/220 V - 500 Watt

I am European(from Belgium) but i bought my xbox 360 while I was in Wisconsin so i needed something to be able to play it in europe without blowing it ----> mission accomplished, it is heavy and could resist shocks. It works well and doesn't heat up too much(it does get warm tho but nothing out of the ordinary).

When I came back to Wisconsin I used it to connect my Wii gaming system from Belgium and again mission accomplished.

I strongly recommend you to get it if you would have the same use i had with it, it works great!

Just moved to the USA from UK. i couldnt run many of my UK electronic goods in the USA as i need a 240v supply rather than the standard USA 110v.



found the transformer and it works a treat. Using mainly for my UK PS3, i have a first generation console so it only runs on 240v. I've had the transformer on daily and the longest run its had is about 12 hours and no problems noticed.



the Humming noise is very low and you can barely hear it. The unit does warm up after prolonged use, but thats completley normal for a product like this.



I've only had for a few weeks, and no problems to report so far. would give 5 stars but need to see the lifespan of product.



product arrived on time and good condition.



if you need to run UK electorincs in USA, this is worth the money.

Arrived in a tattered box with no instructions. I gave it a try though but the fuse kept blowing. I obviously recieved the faulty one that the other customer had returned. I then recieved no reply from seller and then i was unfortunately too late to return the item. I should have claimed through amazon.

These are hit and miss, i would buy a more expensive one.

I used this product on a sail boat (220 converted to 110) for charging computers and small appliances (blow dryer), it functioned perfectly. I did follow the recommendations closely and never utilized half of the max wattage output.

The product doesn't feel high quality but I wasn't expecting that for the price.

I would recommend this product.

This transformer puts off a slight hum. If you use it like I do, for an alarm clock and table lamp in my bedroom, this hum can be annoying if you are a light sleeper - which I am. The good thing is that it is only 500W so I am not wasting money on a 1K to do a 200W job. The packaging was terrible and the transforme was dented when it arrived, but at least they ship to APO.

I configured mine to step-up from 110 volts to 220 volts. I ordered it to power a European made microscope that runs on 250 volts. I changed the jumper on the back to match the 110 volt input voltage and as soon as I plugged it in it started popping and smoke was pouring out of it. In addition, the instructions are pretty bad to say the least.



I think that the favorable reviews are from people using this as a step-down transformer. That might work, but as a step-up transformer the only thing this is good for is generating lots of acrid smoke. - 220v - Transformers - Power Converters - Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information