Wednesday 26 October 2011

British Metal - british metal, kashmir


This vaulting, lumbering tune is one of Zeppelin's most progressive songs which is enhanced by the longish 8.5 minute length. There are great, if understated, performances by all the musicians. The new digital remaster was much needed and is very well done. I really love the key changes and rhythmic syncopations mid-song, complete with mellotron and acoustic strings playing a haunting eastern harmony. I have never actually ferreted out the meaning of the lyrics, which again, suggests they were really trying to do a progressive rock tune. And they do it quite nicely. Kashmir (2007 Remastered)

I have always liked Led Zeppelin, it's more of remembering the late 60's when I was in college. Kashmir was one of my favorites. Young artists today are using this song in some of their compositions. I find that they are students of music and can recognize the "good stuff" - Classic Rock - British Metal - Rock - Kashmir'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


British Metal - british metal, kashmir british metal British Metal - british metal, kashmir