Wednesday 26 October 2011

Macbook Battery


You obviously have few choices when it comes to Macbook batteries. I was dubious about some of the OEM choices, having read some bad reviews and safety issues with bad laptop batteries. On the other hand, Apple Stores exacts a heavy premium for buying there.



This is the real Apple product at a very affordable price.



After about three months heavy usage, the battery is holding up well.



UPDATE: At the one-year mark, battery is useful for about 90 minutes before recharging. Apple MB771LL/A 13-inch Macbook Rechargeable Battery

Make sure this product is NOT sold by 'BATTERY PROVIDER'. I bought this product and was sent a knockoff battery. Everything in the item's listing suggests that it's a genuine apple product:

* Says "by Apple" under the product title

* Picture of product has Apple logo

* Original price is the same as on Apple's website

* ASIN is the same as on Apple's website

* Model number is same as on Apple's website

My MacBook 13" purchased in Feb 2009 started to shut down unexpectedly after being unplugged from a power source for a lengthy amount of time. The battery meter would show a good 40% or so of lifetime, but the computer would obraptly turn off while working on it....I had it diagnosed by the Apple Doc, but they said the battery was still ok...and it wouldn't hurt to change it.....so I did. Works like a charm. Go for the original battery...the knock offs don't perform or fit well,I hear.

I had to replace the original battery that came with my MacBook because it began to swell in less than two years. The MacBook always sat on a desk with an external monitor, so the battery never got any "exercise", which may have been why it failed. I decided to sell the MacBook and replace it with an iMac, but wanted the new buyer to have a fresh, genuine Apple battery which is why I bought this one over a cheaper aftermarket battery.

This one is just as the original battery that came with my mac.

Works just fine, giving the same no of hours, which is not much.



Which brings me to the other part. My last (original) battery went out in just 13months of use, just outside warranty. So I think it might just be better to buy the Lesser known brands. I saw one on Amazon, for about half the price. Maybe you should consider that as well, if they give the same hours etc.



Otherwise, no complaints, but nothing amazing worth discussing.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information