Tuesday 11 October 2011

Great Price - hdmi cable splitter, great price


Like one of the other reviewers, I wanted to split the output from the satellite box to go to both the receiver and the TV. The signal was to weak to get a signal on the TV. Even when the receiver was not turned on the signal was still too weak from the splitter. StarTech.com HDMISPL1HH 1 feet HDMI to 2x HDMI Splitter Cable for Digital Video - M/F

This product is absolutely USELESS!!!.

I was very happy to find a splitter for my HDMI since I have to connect and disconnect from the HDMI socket on my TV my ROKU box which I use in different rooms in my house. This caused my HDMI socket on my TV's to become loose.

I ordered two splitters in order to have them permanently attached to my two TV sets.



I waited with anticipation and when the package arrived ,I immediately plugged them to my TV sets.

To make a story short, I was very disappointed since not only the TV's did not work.I had a hard time after disconnecting the splitters from my TV's,to get the signal on the TV's. I couldn't get the picture back and still today can't figure out why.I didn't know what happened. Weather my TV's burnt??? or it might have burnt something in the cable box or my Roku box.Who knows!

Finally after spending lots of time connecting and disconnecting the different components in order to find out,by trial and error,where the problem was,everething must have reset itself and I got my picture back.

Obviousely very disappointed over the whole ordeal,I returned the items and received a refund.

I thought I would try it due to the price ($12) but it was a waste of time and money. Tried on different pairs of tvs but would not work correctly at all. I wanted to split a Dish HD receiver to 2 Samsung tvs in my kitchen and bedroom, it looked fine on my 46" but the 19" had no sound and a grainy picture. I tried swapping the outputs to see if I just had a bad output but result was the same. So then I tried to use it on my bedroom samsung 46 lcd and on my living room Pioneer 60" plasma and neither Tv would get sound and picture wouldn't even lock on my Pioneer. And yes I tried changing all the resolutions but the result never changed. I didn't even bother returning it, lesson learned never go cheap.

I bought this so I didnt have to keep switching two of my HDMI cables to watch different TVs. When I hooked it up, it was not compatiable to either one. This product will not work with your standard TVs. - Hdmi Cable Splitter - Great Price - Hdmi Switch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information