Tuesday 11 October 2011

Digital Camera Battery - olympus digital camera battery, camera batteries


I bought this to have an spare battery for my Olympus Stylus 550WP camera. It is a direct replacement for the LI-40B & LI-42B batteries specified for my camera (and numerous other Olympus, Nikon, and Canon models, other devices).



*Higher capacity and life than than the standard battery that came with my camera (1000 mah, vs. 710 for the original battery). In actual use lasts almost twice as long as the stock battery, despite being just 40% more capacity. I get another 35-40 flash shots, at least, with the Maximal than with the Olympus (and the camera and its original battery are only 6 months old, less than 50 charging cycles used), and proportionally more non-flash. Have not tested using VGA video/audio recording in my camera.



*Recharge time is significantly longer given higher capacity (3+ hours for the 1000 mah Maximal vs. 2 hours for the 710 mah stock, in LI-41C charger). I just today recharged it for a fourth time since purchase: the time from flat to full seems to have shortened by over 30 minutes, about 2.5 hrs. now (if you didn't know, most rechargeables [Li-ion, NiMH, and NiCad] show this "break-in"period; capacity has also increased by a small amount).



*Battery came in easy open packaging (noted in another poster's photo), and was nearly at full charge. I will update in 6 to 12 months to comment on longevity & the number of charge cycles the battery will do, but I fully expect it to be typical of Li-ion, around 350.



The verdict: a good quality replacement/spare for the LI-40B/42B batteries, with a bit more capacity. Very good value at my price, which was $5.63. There are cheaper deals for LI-40/42 replacements on Amazon at the moment, but I would recommend this as a good trade off between price, performance, and safety (some cheap Li-ion batteries overheat, burst, or even catch fire; been there, done that). Maximalpower DB OLY LI40B/42B Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Olympus Li-40B,Li-42B, Kodak KLIC7006,FUJI NP45, Nikon EN-EL10,Pentax D-Li63

I was scared by the bargain price of the batteries so I bought 2, to make sure I was covered for battery life. I got them and charged them 2 weeks before christmas. It's January 31 today and the first battery is still at half life in a 10 MP camera. Do not hesitate to purchase this battery.

Bought this as a backup battery for my Olympus FE-4000. It was a great price and it works well. I haven't fully tested it as far as how long a charge will last but it lasts as long, if not longer than the original. I gave it 4 stars for the value and becuase it works as expected. If it last a while, it will be upgraded to 5 stars. Very happy that I purchased it and I would recommmend it.

The original battery for my Olympus got tired and would only hold a charge for 12 images. This replacement battery has me back where I need to be. I can take all the images I want and not have to worry about the battery dying. I use the camera for surveying construction sites and often need fifty to a hundred images. - Olympus - Battery - Olympus Digital Camera Battery - Camera Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information