Wednesday 12 October 2011

Best Bread Maker - bread, dough


We had a Panasonic for a little over 20 years and bought this one because the pan on the old one froze up. I didn't know at the time that I could replace the pan so we threw out the machine. BIG MISTAKE!



We baked only 100% whole wheat bread using the sandwich mode on the old machine and it turned out a perfect, soft and delicious bread. I contacted Panasonic after several failures with the new machine and they informed me that it will not do 100% whole wheat bread and does not have the sandwich mode anymore.



So...now we have a $200.00 dough maker that I use and I have to bake the bread in the oven in order to get it to rise properly and bake through. Every loaf I tried in the machine was heavy, wet and fell after rising. No amount of experimentation changed that. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!



Bottom line is if you are going to bake other breads it might be ok, I don't know. However if you prefer whole grains forget this machine.

I purchased this particular machine less than a week ago because all the reviews were so positive. Now I know why, and I'd give it more than 5 stars if that was a choice. The Panasonic SD-RD250 is just SO easy to use, so easy to clean up, and the booklet that comes with it is most helpful. My first Basic White Rapid loaf was too airy, so I looked up the reason why, used more flour for the 2nd loaf, and it came perfect. I haven't owned a bread machine since the first one I had bit the dust almost 2 decades ago, so I didn't realize how much the technology had improved. I have a whole wheat loaf baking right now and it smells heavenly :-) My family and I love home made bread, and with so little effort we can have fresh bread, with no hidden ingredients, on a daily basis. I love this machine.

The french bread cycle makes a 1 pound size loaf that is better than most bake shops. This bread takes no sugar. Thirty percent whole wheat with pecan, raisin, Molasses, and Cinnamon will rock your morning with a touch of cream cheese after toasting. Machine is the one and only bread maker of the next generation. Happy baker, teloz

This bread maker is a neat little unit that is able to bake bread, as well as make pizza dough and cake mixtures. This comes with a booklet, measuring cup and measuring spoon and has extensive instructions on it's use and recipes to try out. The control panel is fairly intuitive to use and it is very easy to set up the various programs. There are options for bread size, as well as crust colour too, which means you can make the bread tailored to your own tastes and preferences. This has a step by step guide to making your bread so it isn't too confusing or difficult to get started and the results are pretty decent, although I think minor recipe tweaking for personal preference may be worth exploring as well. There is a timer so you can set this to start before you wake up so you can start the day with fresh bread, which is especially nice to do at the weekend when you have the time to enjoy it. There are also trouble shooting hints in the booklet for those early teething problems with using the maker and getting your mixtures right; in fact I found it took me a couple of attempts to get the kind of bread I was after with the more fancy recipes, but once I did I was very pleased with the results. The basic loaf, needless to say, is easy to bake and delicious. This is a piece of cake (if you can excuse the baking pun!) to clean after use and being non-stick coated a quick wipe over is often all it needs. All in all this is a good home bread maker that is easy to use and clean and gives dependable and pleasing results. Well worth considering.



Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page. - Panasonic Bread Machine - Dough - Best Bread Maker - Kitchen - Bread - Homemade Bread'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information