Monday 26 September 2011

Xbox 360 Headset - xbox 360 headset, headphones


--I needed a nice headset for late night gaming. (As to not wake the neigbors, and what not) I searched for the best, which would probably be the Astro headset. However, the price, at almost $300 put me off abit. The tritton 720's, a nice quality headset for a nice price. I bought these for my PS3 only. The features:



1) Sturdy quality

2) Microphone, solid and bendable

3) comfort level is a 9 (headset is a little heavy) but not terrible, no neck fatigue, or head aches, even after long hours of game play, but I do get up to fix drink, rest room...etc.

4) Speaker volume, microphone volume/mute (both are seperately controlled), very nice...sometimes you wanna play with your buds, sometimes you want strangers to shut up. *flip the switch...all you got is game sound!

5) I find the controls and set up very easy to use and manage. Nothing is complicated or cumbersome. *note this is NOT a wireless headset. The wire is nice and long, got the voice control velcroed to the side of my Lazy-boy. Plenty of wire to not compromise my mobility. On a surpising note...I can actually hear other things going on in the house, phone ringing, doorbell, etc... I thought for sure I would be closed off to the world..NOT SO!

6) Head phones are very nice and comfy. Surrounds the ENTIRE ear! One bad note, it seems the padding comes off a little too easy. So far it isn't anoying (yet) But I have to pull the head phones apart then take the set off. Do not recommend that you just pull them off of your head. --this almost cost it a star...it still might.



I have read over many reviews, including Amazon that the next version up of this headset, which is $200, is nothing but problems...that was a main decsion factor in my purchase of this headset. Also finding a PS3 compatible headset seemed to be kind of an issue. Other thoughts:

1) movie watching...very nice, sound quality is good, bass is nice...no complaints. Is it the same as your surround sound set? Hell no! But a wonderful compromise for late night gaming or movie watching in private.

2) Music? don't know, don't care...not the purpose of these headphones. Not what they are advertised for or for what they are intended. I play games and watch/listen to the occasional movie with them. For this purpose, they fit the bill, the price is right, the quality is solid.

Setup:

I found the installation to be easy and straightforward (PS3) Took all of 4 mins to install and play! Literally plug and play! The directions are superb!



Final thought: Two thumbs up. If you are looking for a quality, working, easy set-up gaming head phone, look no further. The price is perfect. These are my first headphones..so I am not sure about the others, but I like these and hope that they last awhile. If they dont, I will be getting the Astro's. I have had these for over two months, so far good so good. Tritton TRIAX-720 AX 720 Dolby Digital Surround Sound

I've been trying to decide on a gaming headset for Modern Warfare and other FPS for a while and researched many products. I even tried a few. I started out with the Ear Force X41 and while they were great for the surround sound effect, I found the quality very lacking (tinny) and sometimes painful (crackling, popping, hissing, you name it). I also liked that it was wireless... until I used it for a few days. After three, 3-4 hour sessions, the battery was dead. I have plenty of rechargeables but I just didn't like having the headsets go out during a match and then having to find replacement batteries (and getting killed in the process). Being wireless is a convenience and a nuisance at the same time.



Then I tried the Ear Force PX21 because it was able to connect to PC, PS3, and 360, all of which I play on. BUT, there was no surround effect to speak of.. at least none that I could detect. The quality was there but just in stereo. Not much else to say about it.



Lastly, I ordered the Tritton AX 720. What a difference from the PX21 and the X41. It's better than the PX21 because it does have surround and can connect to all 3 systems. It's better than the X41 in sound quality. I'm not an audiophile but these had much warmer lows and cleaner highs that was clearly noticeable from the X41. I immediately returned both of the previous headsets. The surround sound on the AX 720 is there and very noticeable. I found myself instinctively turning toward footsteps before I saw them. The only thing the X41 has is the chat boot feature... but I haven't had any issues talking to my friend in-game with the 720s.



Now, I set about 6 feet away from the TV in my office and the wire from the volume control to the audio processor doesn't get in my way. The wireless headsets out there including the X41 only removes that one wire from the volume control to the audio processor. You still need the volume control and the mic cable to your controller if you're on the 360. Not a big deal for me... the crackling, popping, and hissing was.



Aside for all that, here's the most important reason I like the 720s... I wear glasses and anyone who does can attest to the fact that over-the-ear headsets can be painful! The X41 are a good example. The cups pressed on my rather large ears and onto the stems on the glasses. At first, it was unnoticeable but after a couple of hours, I had to take my glasses off and hang them over the cups so I could still see (at an odd angle no less). My ears and the skin behind them were sore from the pressure. The PX21s led to the same effect.



I don't know what it is with the AX 720s but they designed a great headset for glass wearing geeks. They don't press on my ears or the stems on the glasses AT ALL! Most of the pressure (which isn't much) come from the top rim of the soft cups so the rest of the cup doesn't seem to apply that much pressure. I've gamed for 8hours with my glasses on without any pain. It's a miracle!



Just for those interested, I also was looking at the Tritton AX Pro for the discreet adjustments you can make on each channel. I'm wondering if that would make an even bigger difference in noticing the surround sound effects. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't sell them directly as well as costing $70 more, and returns with 3rd party sellers are a pain. I also, just yesterday, came across the Sharkoon Xstatic 5.1 which seems exactly like the Tritton AX Pro as far as the audio processor goes down to the volume control module (but about $30 less or $40 more than the AX 720) ...hmmm. They're either a sister company or someone's going to get sued for patent infringement. lol



All in all, you can't go wrong with the AX 720... especially if you wear glasses. - Surround Sound - Playstation 3 - Headphones - Xbox 360 Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information