Monday 26 September 2011

Camera Stuff - sb-600, flash


I read 1-star reviews here and will agree this product is simply a frosted piece of plastic that happens to fit on your SB-600. I made the mistake of thinking the SB-600 has a built in bounce card, so I cannot compare this product to a bounce card yet. If you are creative, you could probably make something similar to this with scraps of packaging that other products came in and rubber bands.



However, having spent the money for this product, and comparing the results to the built in camera flash bare, as well as the SB-600 bare, I think it helps diffuse the light better than the built in SB-600 diffuser. So far, in near pictures (subject closer than 15 feet and with a ceiling) I prefer using this product and bouncing it off the ceiling straight up or maybe 65 deg. For farther subjects or wide open out door evening pictures, straight on with this diffuser helps minimize harshness compared to bare, straight flash.



If you are creative, make yourself something at home. If not, then it is a useful tool to have but I removed a star because I too think it could be priced a little lower. A 4 GB SDHC card from here on amazon is cheaper than this product and probably a better deal for $10-$15. Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce OM-600 Flash Diffuser Unit

I love the quality of lighting when I use this with my SB-600 but I hate the fact that it comes off the flash so easily. I can't even put the flash on a desk sideways as this will come off. Also, when the flash is stored inside my camera bag with this mounted, 9/10 times it will come off when I pull it out. Really annoying. Why can't they make these so they snap in place? - Speedlite - Flash - Sb-600 - Nikon'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Camera Stuff - sb-600, flash nikon Camera Stuff - sb-600, flash