Monday 26 September 2011

Pregnancy Body Pillow - maternity pillow, pregnancy


When I reached the point in my pregnancy where I had to be more conscious about not sleeping on my back, tried sleeping on my side. I'd end up tossing and turning and waking up the next morning with back pain. I shopped around and decided to get the Snoozer Body Pillow based on reviews. After a couple nights of getting used to the best way to use the pillow (I sleep with the crook of the J between my knees), I finally had a good night's sleep with no back pain. After using the pillow for about a month, I'm still happy with the pillow.



I like having the length of the pillow behind my back when I'm on my left side so that I can lean against it to tilt my body when I roll on to my back. I also like to curl up with it when I sleep on my right side.



The only thing that could be improved is that I'm having trouble getting the synthetic down to poof back up after it flattens out. This is only a problem with the part that goes between my knees, but that's a fairly important part. I've tried moving filling down from the rest of the pillow to that section, but it doesn't help.



My cat takes over the pillow during the day and likes to sleep in the crook of the J. =^..^= Snoozer Full Body Pillow Hypoallergenic Synthetic Fiber Filler

I bought this pillow at 14 weeks pregnant, I'm now 25. I've travelled without it and am always kicking myself for not bringing it along with me. 3 pillows do not substitute having this thing, even 3 comfortable pillows and a good mattress. When I sleep without this, I end up on my back (I'm a chronic back sleeper), then I have major aches and pains. This pillow is the only thing that allows me to comfortably sleep on my left side, which they say is best for the baby, and best for you. An added bonus is that I don't snore anymore (my husband thus loves it too). The cost of this pillow is high, and there is a cheaper version on Amazon, but I read the reviews and the other/cheaper version had a scratchy pillowcase and was a firmer pillow overall. This one is synthetic down, so you can move it around to suit your needs. I also sleep with it upside down that what is pictured here. It gives better leg support, and I didn't want to give up my normal down pillow. (I know, fussy fussy) I personally think that it's worth every penny. If you can get a good night's rest, it makes your pregnancy that much easier. Another thing that I've found helps with sleeping on your side is one of those featherbed mattress toppers. You can get them for under $100 at Bed Bath and Beyond. It helps with the added pressure on your shoulders and hips that pregnancy adds.

I love this pillow. My husband got me this as a gift, and it is one of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten! It got me through two pregnancies and is working it's way through my third. It has really helped relieve my lower back and hip pain. I sleep like a baby.

I'm in the middle of my first pregnancy, and have been having trouble trying to sleep on my side (have always been a back sleeper...) I bought this after reading all the great reviews. It is certainly a soft and high quality pillow...HOWEVER...I am very tall (5'9) and the pillow does not work well for tall women. If my head stays on the curved part as shown, there is not enough pillow to support my legs. Trying to compensate has left me waking up with a horrible stiff neck. Also, the cover is difficult to put on. Overall, I'm sure it's a good pillow for most, but tall gals, beware...it's a waste of money!!

I purchased this pillow at a baby expo, so I got to try it out before I bought it. I found it to keep my hips,back and head well aligned which greastly reduced my aches and pains. I even bought my 11 year old son the smaller version of this pillow, and he never sleeps without it.My husband loves this pillow, because I don't take up the entire bed anymore with my tossing and turning to find a comfortable position. In fact, I've caught him napping with it.

When I announced I was pregnant, a good friend mentioned that a body pillow was essential for a good night's sleep during pregnancy. Knowing that I love to sleep, my husband purchased this Snoozer pillow for me as a Christmas present. I am now almost 8 months pregnant and although I have tried using the pillow multiple times during the past three months, I have never liked it. Whenever I read the other glowing reviews here, I honestly wonder what is wrong with me and I try the pillow again, but every experience is the same - negative.I personally cannot get comfortable with the Snoozer. The first problem I encountered was that the head portion was too stuffed, so I developed a horrible ache in my neck from being bent at an awkward angle. So I beat down the stuffing as much as I could and tried again. Since then, every time I have used it, I have woken up in the middle of the night to throw it on the floor and pick up my regular pillow. The constant problems:1) When I sleep on my side spooning the Snoozer with the "J" at the top under my head, the arm under the pillow always falls asleep which causes me to wake up. I've always been a side-sleeper (even before my pregnancy) and I never have this problem when using a regular pillow.2) The bulk is too much for a queen bed. With both my husband and the Snoozer in the bed with me, I'm cramped (and we are both fit, average-size people).3) It's cumbersome to reposition the Snoozer if you move during the night. This is related to #2 because it's practically impossible to turn over with this pillow in a queen bed with another person sleeping beside you. I don't understand the claim made in the description of this product that you can "move freely during the night" and the pillow "follows your motions and sleeping positions"; maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's been nothing but a big hassle for me. I move around a lot in my sleep, primarily shifting from one side to the other, so I inevitably have to completely wake up and change the Snoozer's position - not conducive to a good night's sleep. I've tried different variations, with the "J" under my head and alternatively with it between my legs, and nothing works.I guess I'm lucky that I can sleep great with just my regular pillow this far into my pregnancy. Hopefully I can get my (husband's :) money's worth by using this as a breastfeeding support, because otherwise this pillow was a waste for me. - Pregnancy - Body Pillow - Maternity Pillow - Pregnancy Comfort'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pregnancy Body Pillow - maternity pillow, pregnancy body pillow Pregnancy Body Pillow - maternity pillow, pregnancy