Monday 26 September 2011

Ir Extender - ir repeater, ir emitter


Product worked great for me. I have a dvd and receiver in a closet and used this for the remote controls. I just mounted the receiver on my TV, put the connecting block in the wall, and ran the emitters to the closet. Works like a charm. Sewell Infrared (IR) Remote Control Repeater Kit (Black)

Excellent IR extender and works exactly as described. The blue LED is little too bright but I covered it with a black tape.



This is exactly the same extender as the Cables To Go 40430 IR Extender which is sold upwards of $45. Save some money and get this one for much less than Cables To Go product.



Seller is good too, received product 2 days after ordering, same as prime!

I wanted a wired IR extender instead of an RF (wireless) style to control my TV/cable and stereo equipment. This product is exactly what I hoped. It comes with one eye to receive the remote control signal and a dual emitter for the equipment rack (which I located in a closet). The amplifier unit has up to six emitter outputs to feed the equipment rack. The amplifier also has an input if you want to add an in-wall receiver (sold separately). The recevier cable and emitter cables use standard 1/8" stereo plugs and the cables are about 6 feet. I added a separate 25 foot cable to extend the recevier eye and it works fine. The receveir eye and amplifer both have an LED that illuminates whne the remote control is pressed to show it processes the signal. Finally, this same product is available from many suppliers, this supplier was notably less expensive.

I needed something to get around a desk corner to reach the DVR and DVDR. This works far better than I had hoped. To be honest, I didn't expect this to work near as well as it does. I am a happy boy.

This is the 5th one Ive installed. They are very nice quality. and work very well. I do home theater installs for neighbors and family and so far they have not been disappointed. nor have I for that matter I have 1 in my own home. Depending on the distance you may want to pick up some 1/8" stereo head phone extension wire(cheep on amazon, any will work" I do get a little flickering of the blue signal light from reflections off the coffee table from the 3D plasma (it uses an infrared emitter to make the glasses work) but this in no way affects the operation. TV on the wall amps and surround processor in the server rack in the cellar and HTPC discreetly hidden under the end table) and with this little bugger the wife points the remote at the TV and the radio or HTPC work.

I got this product within the estimated delivery date. I placed my cable box, blu-ray home theater player, apple TV in basement and the sensor is kept one level up in Family room, the signals are really good. Blue Sensor light is too bright but that is OK. This works as charm; will recommend it to anyone...

Nice product...

Great product, easy to set up and use. Instructions was not as detailed as they could have been; for example it should have indicated that the blasters need to be right at the foot of the closeted Cable Box. But overall good product

This IR Repeater works awesome!!! I've written some other reviews and was skeptical about the products (Cheetah Articulating TV mount and 25ft HDMI cables), but I've had good luck with everything. I've seen similar IR Repeaters for $150.00 and up. I think this was $44.00? I have it controlling a Motorola STB and Samsung Blu-ray player in a closet. All my wires are fished in the walls and into the attic. The IR receiver is mounted behind the TV and it still picks up the signal! This is great, because you don't even see it. I also had to use the RiteAV 25 ft. 3.5mm Extension Cable which works great too. I called Sewell tech service with a question if the length would effect the signal, and it doesn't. I think it was after 55ft? They were helpful and gave me more information. I have already recommended this product to my friends. Hope it helps in your decision.

IR receiver LED flickers constantly while TV is on. Why? It is annoying and I cannot get any response from the retailer. Also I do not know if the output jacks can be connected directly to devices that have IR inputs with a mini stereo patch cable. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. If I get any information I will update this review. - Ir Extender - Ir Repeater - Wired - Ir Emitter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information