Wednesday 28 September 2011

Replacement Battery - cordless telephone, phone batteries


My batteries arrived much sooner than I expected (two days after placing the order). Packaging was acceptable for the small items I purchased. However, I was unhappy to see that they were not the AT & T batteries I thought I had purchased, but General Electric batteries that would `work on most AT &T phones.' I can find nothing in the description above that states that this battery is a substitute brand. I have kept the batteries as they were desperately needed, but I think the page is disingenuous. Because of this, I would not purchase from this vendor in future and could not recommend to others. AT&T 2422 Cordless Phone Battery

I just started to use these replacement batteries so I can't be able to comment on their dependability or longevity -- those can only be evaluated a few months later. Right now, I just want to point out a few things for other buyers to help with their decision. Firstly, instead of receiving yellow battery from Lucent like the picture above, I got Panasonic battery in black and blue. Now, I don't really care what color the battery is, and Panasonic is as good a brand as Lucent, if not better. However, it should be mentioned that the seller would substitute other brands and so wouldn't catch people off guard. Secondly, the battery doesn't have the number 2422 on it (as opposed to my original battery), so I had to take it on faith that the seller didn't mix up my order and sent me some other battery. For a few moments, I was debating whether to put it into my phone since I had no idea if a different kind of battery might damage my phone. Thirdly, my original battery is rated 400mAh, these are rated 300mAh. Again, this difference might or might not matter, but I don't know. Usually, for rechargeable battery, the higher the mAh, the more "juice" it should have, although other factors might make the lower mAh battery lasts longer than one with higher mAh. But since I usually leave the phone on its charger, I don't mind so much but I sure would like to know before I place an order. If the description simply says it's a replacement for AT&T 2422 battery then I assume all specs are the same.

I am very dissappointed by my purchase. I purchased two batteries to replace the old ones in my phones.



Battery #1 was dead. It never worked



Battery #2 charges to 1/2 power never to 100%



I am not happy at all with my purchase.

The battery works well under the conditions I use it. Generally I drain the battery by leaving the phone out of the cradle until the phone's low battery warning comes on every couple of weeks. I use two cordless handsets to allow me to do this more conveniently. It lasts a few days out of the cradle depending on how much I talk. That's pretty good as these phones go and similar to the phone on its original battery. I've detected little shortening on the battery life but I haven't had it that long yet.



While fully draining a nickel cadmium battery before recharging it will help keep it healthy, from past experience with similar batteries, I'd recommend keeping a phone with a battery like this in its cradle if you anticipate being away from home for a few days. Once the battery discharges fully, if it doesn't charge up again soon enough, this can potentially lead to deactivation of its reactants and the battery can break and no longer take a proper charge. For this reason, I don't try to discharge it past the phone's low battery warning either. If you have to store a battery like this, remove it from the phone with some charge still in it. Fully charge and discharge it at least once a year.

These batteries have worked out pretty well. They were reasonable in price and saved me the inconvenience and cost of buying all new wireless phones. Delivery was prompt and the batteries charged fully in about 8 hours. These are a good buy if you are replacing old phone batteries.

The price was good and the delivery was prompt. Unfortunately, if I buy four batteries I expect that I'll get four batteries that work.



I bought four replacement batteries for my elderly mother's phones. The connector on one of the four was wired backwards, so after my mother put all the batteries in, one phone would not return to working and was getting very hot in the charger. After a couple of days I went to her house and found the problem, but by then the battery was completely burned out.

I bought this after my old cordless phone battery would not keep a charge. After the initial overnight charge this battery lasts for days. I would recommend this battery to anyone with an AT&T cordless phone. - Replacement Battery - Cordless Telephone - Phone Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information