Friday 2 September 2011

Portable Hard Drive - hard drive, usb


I agree with most of the other reviews, used it very shortly to salvage data on a corrupted drive. Worked great. As for the one main gripe about it being the status LED light to see if it was working, this must be a new revision because it definitely has that.



Works great, awesome price. New USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Cable Adapter For 2.5 2.5" IDE Hard Disk / 3.5 3.5" IDE Hard Disk / SATA Hard Disk / CD/CD-RW ROM / DVD/DVD-RW ROM Hard Drive + AC Power Adapter

Good tool for trouble-shooting troublesome HDDs and DVD/CD burners. With some of the malwares on the scene, the only way to clear the problems is by removing the HDD from the system and running as an external drive on another system. Can also be used for checking out older drives that have been sitting on a shelf or in a drawer.

This item (or items, however you consider it) would be perfect for me if not for one glaring flaw. About 90% of my attempts to use it to attach an external drive result in random disconnects and a notice that windows cannot recognize the device, or more commonly it simply fails to read it at all and gives me the aforementioned notice. After trying several drives of both IDE and SATA, and using multiple USB ports, I can only conclude it is a flaw with the product and not my computer or drives. It seems it has to be in just the right position to work, and won't if jolted or moved. 3 stars because when it does work (without the disconnects) it's just what I need and functions quite well. I think I'm being rather generous with that rating too, it probably deserves less. - Hard Drive - Usb - Portable Hard Drive - Sata'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information