Friday 2 September 2011

Benzoyl Peroxide - blemish, acne treatment


I bought this product to deal with some mild acne around my chin. I also get the occasional painful cyst-type acne (I am in my mid 20's and this is a recent development).I have pretty sensitive dry/normal combo skin and other treatments I have tried have just made me peely and flaky.



I have been using the treatment for a month. At first the treatment was a little drying so I went to using it every other night and now I am applying it every night following it up with moisturizer. My skin is DEFINITELY clearer. The product is easy to apply, soaks into your skin pretty quickly and is unscented (a huge plus!) It is still a little irritating everyonce in awhile but I have not had any ridiculous peeling/redness. I'm still not sure how it will be under my makeup wearing it all day.



Overall, I am impressed with this product, it has helped out my skin! Acne.org 8 oz. Treatment

Great price, beats it's competitors. The product did exactly what it says it would do. Cleared up my face quickly. Fragrance free, which I love as well. I highly recommend this product. Daniel Kern knows what he's doing. I look forward to trying more of his products. Awesome!!

I was so depressed when I was using Neutrogena's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide because my face would always be a dry, peeling, flaky mess no matter what moisturizer I used!! This product is much better. It is still drying, as any B.P. treatment is going to be, but it just glides on so much smoother and is considerably less drying. I get a little bit of dryness but not the peeling, awful-looking skin I had. On top of all of this, it works wonderfully! I feel like my skin actually looks not only clearer but healthier and more vibrant!

I have very oily skin, so acne was always an issue. With five days of use larger bumps have become smaller, and small bumps under the skin have almost entirely cleared away.



I, like another one of the reviewers, must admit that I am not following the regimen exactly though. The treatment is gentle enough, and my skin oily enough, that I have not felt the need for moisturizer. I am still using a facial wash once a day to keep my skin clean.



Overall I am very pleased. I have had no irritation and my skin is clearer than it has ever been! (And I have tried many other treatments, including antibiotics and prescription washes).



I would recommend this treatment to anyone with any sort of acne issues.

I have mild acne (forehead, temples) and occassionally get cystic pimple aaround that time of the month, but it took only a few weeks for me to see results. Since I have combination skin (oily/dry combo), I put less of the benz. peroxide on my cheeks and much more on my forehead/temple area. Even though the instructions says use A LOT and to follow the instructions to a T, you have to see how your face reacts from the getgo and do a little tailoring to your skin's needs.





Also, BIG POINT- The benzoyl peroxide will bleach EVERYTHING it comes in contact with ESPECIALLY when you are sleeping. Oh, one more thing, you will notice that hair will be bleached. I have the thickest ( it's a dark brown, almost black ) hair you can imagine and it bleached it rather quickly. So if you have thin hair, act quickly and cover your hair from the start of the regimen. I don't mind a few red and blond hairs, but to those who do, cover your hair when you sleep.



Otherwise, a product that is straight forward and does the job.

If you follow Dan's regimen at acne.org -- or any of the rip-off regimens available like it from Clean & Clear, Physicians Formula, etc. let alone Proactiv -- then you know 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (BP) works as well as 5% or 10% but without horribly drying your skin (or, worse, drying it out so badly, your skin cracks and bleeds or oozes where it is cracked (yeah, that what happened to me on a regimen of topical antibiotics, 10% benzoyl peroxide, and 1% Retin-A cream that were all RXed together by a dermatologist!!)



This is a great 2.5% BP. It's more like a cream than a lotion, so it's not runny and it stays where you put it. It doesn't leave a hugely heavy white residue on your face (depending how much you use). And it doesn't have extraneous irritating or allergy-causing ingredients in it.



I have the misfortune of having mostly dry or very dry skin WITH adult acne, especially prone to breaking out with a couple deep, large acne cysts around "that time of the month". In the past, I was RXed 5% or 10% BP (as mentioned above) which harmed my skin much more than it cleared up my acne.



I've since learned that 2.5% is the way to go. It works just as well as the 5% or 10% but without all the complexion-frying harshness of those two higher concentrations.



Thanks, Dan!

I started experiencing very stubborn, painful cyst-like acne on my jaw line a few years ago (I'm in my mid-30's) and was at my whits end. I tried ProActiv and experienced more breakouts; Clinique's skin care line helped some. I happened upon this product a few months ago when searching the net for acne solutions. I am so please with the results-within a few weeks of usage, my jaw line has completely cleared. I am loving that this product absorbs completely (some other BP products that combine with moisturizer tend to leave a sticky residue). I, too am like some of the other reviewers in that I have not used it exactly as prescribed-once a day seems to be enough. I have had some dryness around my nose and lips, so I just avoid those areas when applying.

This product is great. I haven't had a blemish in months (although it took a few weeks to work, which is to be expected.) It also feels so smooth on my skin, unlike Neutrogena's On-the-Spot treatment, which always leaves my face feeling itchy and tight. I will say that I don't use the treatment exactly as recommended (I only use it at night and use a salicylic acid gel during the day for blackhead control), but my results have still been great. I plan on using it forever! - Skin Care - Acne Treatment - Benzoyl Peroxide - Blemish'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Benzoyl Peroxide - blemish, acne treatment benzoyl peroxide Benzoyl Peroxide - blemish, acne treatment