Friday 2 September 2011

Garmin Nuvi 295w - wi-fi, gps


I bought two (2) Mini chargers from a Big Box retailer for about $60.00. Both started my GPS units, one new one several years old, then showed an on-screen picture of a computer with a GPS. Neither unit went into operational mode until AFTER the charger was disconnected. After several minutes or hours of charging both GPS units would operate for only several minutes, then shutdown.

Accidently I ran across the Amazon Car Charger! They looked the same BUT also said they would both charge and operate the GPS. Priced at two (2) for less than $6.00 with free shipping, full knowledge of Amazons return police, many years of totally pleasing service and trust in Amazon, I ordered two (2).

When I plugged them into the GPS units I was disappointed to have the same screens come up and then the picture of a computer and GPS - hey that's the same as the Big Box ones did! Darn! However after a minute or so the "Please drive...." voice startled me and both units were and are now fully operational with the chargers pluged in! The mini chargers give off no heat; one is now hidden under the instrument panel cover of my motorhome hard wired to the ignition switch. The other in the car so my wife won't (hopefully) won't get lost when I tow the boat and she follows in the car losing sight or radio contact - great peace of mind.

And YES I told the Big Box when I returened their Mini Chargers "I bought two (2) from Amozon.com for less than $6.00 and they WORK!" Car Charger (Mini USB) for Garmin Nuvi 260 / 260w / 265 / 265wt / 275t / 295w / 350 / 360 / 370 / 465t / 500 / 550 - Wi-fi - Garmin - Garmin Gps - Gps'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information