Monday 19 September 2011

No Answering Machine - headset, good quality


I bought this as an auxillary phone. We've got an answering machine and a fax machine, but I needed an additional phone to be by the computer in my downstairs office and I wanted a speakerphone so when I was telecommuting I could call into meetings and listen to them without holding a receiver up to my ear.



I was convinced to buy this phone by the string (until recently aftet I placed my order) of rave reviews for this phone, combined with the terrible reviews for so many other speakerphones that cost less.



I've only had this phone for a few days, but I can say that it is attractive and seems to be built well. I called in to work and tried out the speakerphone and it seemed to work well on both ends. I heard the other party fine and the other party did said I sounded good.



I like the uncluttered controls with big number buttons and big buttons for volume and speakerphone. I didn't have to pay for a lot of features that I don't need.



This phone also has the added bonus of a headset input, so if I ever need to talk a whole lot from my home office, I could get a headset and talk while keeping both hands free. So far, so good.



Postscript: It's September of 2007 and the speaker volume is now impossible to control and the unit seems to be buzzing. I can't use it for conference calls anymore. I guess I'll buy another one, but I'll look around first.



OOPS! I forgot that this phone is powered by three AA batteries. They need to be replaced on occasion. When they start running down, the speakerphone gets squirrely. So, I replaced them and now the phone works fine. Panasonic KX-TS105W Corded Speakerphone (White)

Nice well designed phone. Very easy to program. Takes 3 AA batteries for memory presets. I purchased two of these phones, one for my grandparents who promptly dropped the phone on the kitchen floor ejecting the batteries thereby erasing all the pre-programmed numbers that I had entered. Battery cover needs to be taped down to prevent this, as battery cover does not close well (Panasonic could have designed a better battery cover into this phone as they have with other models).Phone has nicely sized buttons, loud ringer and well functioning speakerphone feature as well as a headset jack. Receiver cord is a bit short but can easily be replaced with a longer one. Will review again as the phones age.

A mild surprise but very happy that an item actually works as advertised. Got this for my parents who have hearing disabilities and needed an alternative to those "hearing impaired" ultra-loud phones.



Very clever design yet simple and easy to operate. The actual microphone is located under the the phone towards the front. It has a little sound-gathering structure around it, so it's best to have this phone always placed on a hard surface to maximize the little acoustic sound-gathering chamber. Since the speaker is on the top surface under where the hand-set rests, I placed a small piece of duct tape on to the button that disconnects the phone. By doing this, I don't even connect the hand set and the unit functions as a dedicated speakerphone with one-button operation.



The sound is very natural and easily understandable even for the hearing impaired. There are sound level buttons that control the volume through the generous size speaker. The main problem for speaker phones in general is, the microphone is usually too close to the speaker and feedback squeal makes it hard for both parties communicate(i.e. speakerphone setting on most cell phones). Somehow, Panasonic got around this problem, maybe by where they located the micophone. When my parents called me with this phone, it was very, very, close to the quality of a good corded phone. Because it is a speaker phone, it will pick up a little bit of background sounds of things like,the TV and ambient room noise.



Couple of other features, it's powered by three AA batteries, which eliminates the AC converter(wall-wart) and the usual tangle of wires that go with it. The input jack for a speaker phone is a really nice touch as well. The proceedure for programming

numbers in the memory for the speed dialer is probably the simplest I've seen on a telephone device ever.



We've tried other consumer grade speaker phones but we retuned them all because they sucked in general. This Panasonic KX-105 flat-out works. Well worth the money. I may buy a backup unit just in case Panasonic ever discontinues this model.

I had an expensive AT&T multi-line phone for several years. Liked the color and wall mount option but it was nothing but a pain. Constant re-setting of the configuration, beeping for no reason and ate 9 v batteries like candy.



This phone does everything I need and has a very good speaker option, which I demand for dealing with all the annoying punch 1, 2 or 3 options when trying to call companies and then being put on hold.



The only thing I'm not crazy about is the wall mount stands the unit off the wall by at least an inch, looks strange at first but what the hey phone works great. - Speakerphone - Good Quality - Corded Phone - Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


No Answering Machine - headset, good quality speakerphone No Answering Machine - headset, good quality