Monday 19 September 2011

Case Logic - dvd case, cd cases


This review refers to Case Logic CD/DVD Wallet (KSW-128)



This is a very nice CD/DVD holder by Case Logic, and to start with I have to say it's a bargain here. I paid much more for it at my local video store. The outside is very good looking. It is covered in a material(black) that has the look and feel of leather, but is very durable. It doesn't bend or crease, and seems to be a great protection for the discs. It zips closed,has a tab, and if you unzip it all the way around, it sometimes is a little difficult to get out of the corner, so I always stop short of the corner.



The inside has storage slots enough for 128 eight discs(without any booklets). The pages are 2 sided, 4 slots on each side, which keep the discs nicely and snugly in place, and have a nice backing material that won't scratch the discs. On the inside front cover you will also find a removable portable wallet that holds an additional 16 discs, that you can take with you without taking the entire case.It snaps in and out and has 8 discs on each side, so you can fold it in half, making it smaller, and closes securely with a small velcro strap. So actually the total storage is 144 discs. Very nice. Also on the inside front, there is a pocket for other things, papers, or a marker.



I think the size is perfect. The smaller ones just don't seem to be enough, and the bigger ones can start to get a little heavy. I do have a couple of complaints though, where I think some improvement could be made. The first thing is it has no outer handle. This would make it much easier to tote. I am using this case for DVDs I have recorded from tape(I have really opened up alot of shelf space). I am putting the films in alphabetical order, and as it gets filled, I need to keep moving the discs around to put the new ones in their place. It would be quite a bit easier and less time consuming if I could lift an entire page out and move it, but the two rings in this binder do not open. They are however, very sturdily attached.



All in all, a good quality and good buy. Hopefully next time, I can find one as nice as this with those other two features I need.





Thanx...Laurie



update 6/28/09 - please see comment on this review by Norm Apter for updated design info - thanks Norm! KSW-128 CD Wallet (128 Capacity, Koskin)

What can I say? CaseLogic is pretty decent quality, so you'll probably get what you expect. Its pretty well constructed, but if you put your case through a lot of abuse, you may wish to get something a little more sturdy.



What else can I say though? Just go to a store and pick one, then find it online for (usually) cheaper. Thats the way I usually do my shopping.

I put this CD case through a lot and it has held up perfectly. It looks expensive and holds a ton of CD's the pages are not plastic so they don't tear which I like over all it's worked really well and I am very happy with it.

not being a fan of dvd cases, i transitioned all my dvds to several wallets a few years back. after having issues with larger wallets falling apart and smaller wallets not zipping properly, i was more than pleased to discover these.



the size is great, the capacity is great, but it is the sturdiness i am most pleased with. they seem to be made well (especially for the price) and the zipper works very well! with all my past larger wallets it was a pain to even get the zipper started (let alone completely zipped up), but these seem to have that issue resolved. hooray for properly working items!



i will definitely purchase these again if i am in need of more!

The 128 KSW DVD/CD wallet from Case Logic offers easy protected storage. They open to show eight discs at a time. Round 3/4" labels can be slipped into the corner of each compartment to number each disc in your collection. At full capacity, this case is easy to transport. Larger styles are too heavy when full. The 128 KSW binders stack like books on a library shelf flanking a TV in my entertainment center. They fit seven on a 20" wide shelf. I now have 35 of these albums. I need seven more.

I like the simplicity of it. I've had it a few months now & is holding up just fine. Wish there was a bit more room in the "slots" for the paper packets that come with cds (although I managed to get them to fit). Overall, a good buy.

This case is nice and large, it looks pretty nice with it's black leather like texture. Inside, it has pockets on one side of the case and inside it has several pages with 4 slots on each side. There is this nice fabric to ensure that your disks don't scratch and I don't have any fear of them getting damaged. When you count all the pockets it actually comes out to be 144 thanks to the pockets on the side of the case.



Quality is good, has lots of room and will protect your disks.



Overall a good case for a good price, would buy again. - Cd Case - Cd Cases - Dvd Case - Good'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information