Saturday 17 September 2011

Lens Cap Strap - lens cap keeper, lens cap strap


This item is very cheap and I recommend getting a five pack. Yes the string is rather short for a long lens but you can move it to closer to the end of the lens. I did have a problem with one of the stickers not being sticky enough and the cap fell to the ground. The vendor has great customer service and made me happy. Conclusion - so cheap its worth the risk - you get what you pay for. 5x Lens Cap Keepers / Holders for ANY SLR or DSLR CAMERA! Nikon D40 D50 D60 D80 D200 D300 FUJI S1000 S1500 S2000 S700 S800 CANON XS XSi T1i SONY PENTAX

I got this connected to a Canon XS with the kit lens (18-55mm)+ UV filter installed at it seems just the right length without tugging on the elastic band. I have it attached to the shoulder strap but it's also fine if you wrap it around the lens like the sample pictures are showing. The problem is when I'm using a longer lens like the 55-250mm. It still reaches but the band is constantly tugging on it--not too much though. So far the adhesive is strong enough to hold it in place.

For the price, this isn't a horrible product. However, when they arrived, I discovered that the tether is only about 4" long. This means that, after wrapping it around the barrel of the lens, there wasn't enough room to get it back onto the lens cap. The unit does have an elastic band, so by pulling the unit "away" from the barrel, I was able to gain the extra inch necessary to secure the cap. However, this put a constant pressure on the adhesive. After two days, the glue gave out and mine snapped back and hit the camera. Tucking it back into place, I have since found that, as long as I re-secure it every couple of days, it will stay in place. I just wish the tether string had been a little longer.

These lens cap holders are a good value. The "stickyness" of the pad is strong enough to hold the lens cap well and not come off. The only things I would like to see different, or in addition would be some kind of detachable clasp that would allow the lens cap holder to detach from the camera and stay with the lens when lenses are changed. If all the holders for the various lenses had the same clasp then each could be quickly reattached to the camera body or strap when you change lenses. The other thing - and I think anyone might do this on their own - is to add some velcro to the strap and the caps so that they are not hanging loose when the camera is in use. Still - a fine value.

I love these. It keeps my lens cap with my lens without the hassle of taking the cap off putting it in your pocket or somewhere and hoping you won't forget it. So far these have been very durable. I haven't had one that broke on me yet. All my lens caps are now always attached to my lens. With these, there are no need to worries of loosing your cap(s). - Lens Accessory - Camera Lenses - Lens Cap Strap - Lens Cap Keeper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lens Cap Strap - lens cap keeper, lens cap strap lens cap strap Lens Cap Strap - lens cap keeper, lens cap strap