Saturday 17 September 2011

Kindle 2 Silicone Skin - kindle 2 skin, kindle 2 silicone skin


Black Color Amazon Kindle 2 E-Book Reader Silicone Rubber Skin Case + FREE Kindle2 Anti Scratch LCD Screen Protector



I've been looking for the perfect protection for my Kindle 2 ever since I got it. Never bothered buying any cases for it because it's just not convenient since I use it everyday and travels a lot with it. I wanted something light weight, sleek (so that I can show off my Kindle), and protect it from scratching! When I found out about the silicone case, I jumped on it!



I didn't expect anything fancy thinking I only paid $12+ for it.... however, when I got it, I was absolutely thrilled!!!! I got the clear one, it's soft to touch and very light weight, fits PERFECTLY around the screen. The "pre. page" and "next page" keys are also protected (I can still see the words through the silicone case). The case feels very soft and no problem at all when using the side buttons. There's a cut out areas for the 5-way dial, speakers on the back and volume button on the side as well. I went ahead and got a black one just for fun, there's actually white letters on it indicating where the side buttons located. it's so cool!



Love the quality of the case and I consider it a total steal because with the price, i also got a screen protector!!! Although I got one of those screen protector already, hey, i don't mind having an extra one! Now I can show my Kindle off and wouldn't worry about scratching it at all! I give this product a 5 star and strongly believe that this is a must have for Kindle lovers! MyGift Kindle 2 Clear Silicone Cover Sleeve and Kindle 2 Anti-Scratch Screen Protector

I'm satisfied with my Kindle 2 Silicone case. It fits my Kindle well, is lightweight and translucent so that I can see the side buttons. Like one of the other reviewers noted, the case works well for at home reading. It is comfortable for me to hold my Kindle and read at my leisure. However, on my day-to-day commute to and from work or elsewhere, I use my Cole Haan leather cover (which I give 5 stars as I love it!). There are a couple of things that prevent me from giving this case 5 stars:



1. It doesn't provide any protection for the keyboard. I'm not sure why the makers of this case wouldn't provide any covering for the keyboard, but they don't. I almost regret throwing away the plastic protective sheet that came with the Kindle's packaging.



2. As other reviewers mentioned, the screen protector is worthless. It is a dust and lint magnet. I use my case without the screen protector. Since I only use the case when I'm reading at home vs. when I'm carrying it in my purse or backpack, this point isn't too big of a deal for me.



Overall, the case is worth the purchase if the two issues mentioned above don't conflict with your needs. Otherwise, I'm sure there are other cases out there that provide good protection for the whole Kindle--body, keyboard and the screen.

Love the semi-clear silicone skin, however I have to remove it to continue to use my leather case - though the skin takes into account the holes needed for the case, it adds too much thickness. I don't blame the skin however and am very happy with it. If I'm going to the beach or somewhere the leather cover doesn't appropriately protect the kindle I use the silicon skin. I also like the screen protector and purchased this bundle, because it was actually cheaper than any single screen protector I could find, and it fits perfectly. The screen protector does make the screen slightly reflective, but easy enough to deal with by changing the angle I'm viewing.

The silicone skin that I purchased is the Semi Transparent variety for the Kindle 2. It fits like a glove and has a nice matte type texture to it. Comes on a off very easily of you need it to. Definitely the right product for me.



The Screen Protector on the other hand was a bust for me. I could not get it to fit properly and no matter how hard I worked I just could not get all the bubbles out of it, despite have tried 10 or so times. When I used it I found it to be too glossy and reflective anyway, so I just took it off. It was free, so I just considered it a bonus. I do keep the little microfiber cleaner they sent in my Kindle sleeve to wipe down the screen from time to time.



UPDATE: 6/30/2009:



This Silicone Skin is definitely something I would want with my Kindle. After using it for a month I've come to enjoy the soft feeling that it gives an otherwise hard piece of technology. It adds a bit of bulk and heft to the Kindle and the texture is much more pleasing to the touch than the plastic Kindle.



I also have applied a decal from DecalGirl and while this cover DOES fit over the thin decal, it doesn't fit quite as perfectly as a "naked" kindle would. I'm using them both now and still enjoy the silicone cover.



Still a thumbs up. - Kindle - Kindle 2 Screen Protector - Kindle 2 Silicone Skin - Kindle 2 Skin'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information