Saturday 17 September 2011

Folding Exercise Bike - stationary bike, folding exercise bike


After considerable research, I decided on this bike for the following reasons:



1. Amazon reviewers rated it highly.

2. Portable and foldable... takes up a small amount of space.

3. I didn't want to spend a fortune in case this turns into a clothes rack in three months.



PROS:



1. Easily assembled... my husband and I put this together in about 30 minutes.

2. Virtually noiseless. If you live in an apartment or with other people, they'll never know you're using it.

3. Smooth pedal movement.

4. Easily reachable tension adjustment.

5. Monitor will continuously scan all the modes (time pedaling, distance travelled, MPH, calories burned) or you can fix it on one mode. Display is rather large and easy to read.

6. Easily moveable between rooms.

7. Great price for a folding bike.



CONS:



1. *HARD* seat... I'm buying a gel pad.

2. Unlighted monitor. In a dim room, it's very hard to read.

3. Someone else said they thought the seat was too high. At 5'5" in my stocking feet, I wish it was capable of dropping down a couple more inches, too.





*********UPDATE**********



Here it is, March 25 2008, nearly a year later, and I'm still using the bike and loving it. I'm up to tension level 5 and there are 5 more levels to go. I don't know if I'll ever be able to actually ride at level 10, but it's something to shoot for.



The bike is still performing really well. No change in noise level, it's still whisper quiet. Monitor has had no problems, either. The gel pad definitely helps! This product is still entirely worth the money. Confidence Fitness Space Saving X Bike

I bought this bike after reading all of the other reviews about it. I found all of the critiques to be accurate (it's a little small for anyone over 5'10" and the shipping is pricey). My biggest complaint about the bike, though, is the tension setting. Only a couple of reviewers made any mention of it. I've used the bike several times and I have to set it to the highest tension to get a decent workout. I'm a bit disappointed that I don't have anything to work up to - and I'm even not an avid biker or exerciser! I'm 34 in good health and participate in low to moderate physical activity. I do not recommend this bike to people who are looking for gym-quality exercise bike. However, this is a great bike for people who are looking to get a little cardio exercise at home or who may be just getting back into exercising/physical activity.

I am enjoying this bike a great deal. It doesn't take up too much room, although the "stow away" aspect of it was not as impressive as I was hoping--when you fold it up, you save maybe 1 foot of room. But that's okay because it's still a pretty skinny device. I keep it in the closet and roll it out every day--I wouldn't say it's light (it's about 40 lbs) but it's not hard to maneuver. Assembly was not that difficult. All in all, a great bike for getting some exercise while doing other things (I watch TV, read, or play a game on my Nintendo DS).

If you are looking for a small, ultra quiet, foldable exercise bike, this one is for you. I found out through much search that foldable bikes are not very easy to come by anymore. I like that this bike can be ridden while watching tv, reading, or playing a video game and you don't have to turn the volume up. Those things distract me so I'll exercise even more. It is sturdy and I've even been purposely off balance and it doesn't tip which I have seen with small exercise bikes.



The only reason I gave it only 4 stars is because of the shipping charge of over 40 dollars which I frankly think is high. Also the outer box came quite banged up and I thought it might be damaged but it was well packaged with Styrofoam so it wasn't banged up inside the box. I also was disappointed in the instructions which were very confusing. After reading them multiple times and shaking my head I looked at the pieces I had and realized all I had to do is put it together by the picture and it fit together easily and quickly with the tool provided. The instructions are completely incomprehensible, but since the nuts and bolts were together, I made sense of the parts without them.

So, I fell off a chair while trying to kill a spider. He won. I received a Level 3 Sprained Ankle. Ouch!! Physical Therapist says "Go get an Exercise Bike." I'm like, "The one that my 74 year old Mother uses?" Yes, she says, exactly.



Well, who am I to argue with two torn ligaments and a very good Physical Therapist? I came right to Amazon, read the reviews, and wanted something small and cheap. I figured I would use it for a month or two and toss it into the garage.



I have to say, that I am so pleasantly surprised with this bike!

It is sturdy, silent, and I can just put my iPod on and ride for 30 to 45 minutes with the tension level at 6 or 7 and it is a great workout! I am 5'5 and the height is perfect. My husband is 6'2 and can not ride it- he is too tall, bike is too small. No biggie- it's really just for me, kind of like my Pilates DVD's. He can jog and I can bike until I'm fully healed and start the heavy-duty walking again. But you know what? I will not be tossing the bike in the garage- it is an effective, weather-impervious workout, and I enjoy it.



Use hand weights if you want while riding to increase your heart rate and work those arms! I use 3 pound weights- and I can feel it after.



Also- THE SEAT IS HARD. I purchased the Sunlite Cloud Nine Gel Bicycle Seat Cover and it really helps. Still not exactly "soft and cushy" but no bike seat ever is, so the gel seat cover makes a huge difference.



Husband put it together in 25 minutes and it arrived in one day. Two thumbs up!

Other reviewers had problems assembling the bike, but I thought it was easy to set up. It looks cool and takes up very little space. I was surprised with how sturdy it is. It is virtually silent and pedals smoothly. I am satisfied. However...



- The pedal radius seems a bit smaller than normal. So if you are taller than, say, 5-8, you might have problems with this and the max height of the seat post.



- The seat is hard. A seat cover would would be nice, but I just fold up a small bath towel and sit on that.



- There seems to be a huge jump in resistance between settings 2 and 3. A previous reviewer said that they get a "casual workout at 5". Wow. I must be really out of shape.



Summary: I like it and would buy it again. But if you are taller than 5-8 or a serious cyclist, you probably want a different bike. - Exercise Bikes - Stationary Indoor Bike - Folding Exercise Bike - Stationary Bike'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Folding Exercise Bike - stationary bike, folding exercise bike stationary indoor bike Folding Exercise Bike - stationary bike, folding exercise bike