Sunday 11 September 2011

Floppy Drive - external floppy drive, floppy drive


I needed a replacement 3.5" drive. My drive stopped working about a year ago. I had no need for it. I was looking through some boxes & found 35 Kodak Picture Discs from the middle 90's to around 2000. So I needed a quality but inexpensive machine. Very easy plug n play USB connection. 3 of my discs would not play, but I think that was due to the way I storred them. If you need a drive to look at some old stuff, this is for you. Some new computers don't even have a 3.5" drive. Also remember to transfer those pictures from the 3.5" discs to CD-rom or DVD's. Slim Design USB External Floppy Disk Drive 1.44 MB FDD 3.5 Inchs

Folks, it's a $14 USB floppy drive - it works... it's a bit slow (all floppy drive are!!!) It does the job, it came w/i a week, I've used it for what I needed and I'll put it in a drawer and break it out the next time I need to pull data from a 10+ year old 3.5" floppy disk.



If you haven't used a floppy drive in a while this thing is going to seem SLOW... but they were slow 10 years ago.

I bought 7 of these for work purposes. 2 of the USB cords came out of the box defective, 3 quit working after the 1st week. NOT good odds for buying 7 and ONLY 2 left. Save your $ and DO NOT buy this brand as they are CHEAP!!

I purchase to attempt to transfer to CD since current unit does not have floppy

drive. I had put embroidary patterns on floppies when my wife got Embroidary machine and these patterns I saved as her choices. on floppies. I have not yet been able to solve accomplishing this as info provided with unit was not worth much as to help. If some one is around that can put instructions in laymen terms so I can get patterns on CDs thank you.

Bud Moulton

I have compact presario with XP - Usb Floppy Drive - Floppy Drive - External Floppy Drive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information