Sunday 11 September 2011

Blank Media


I've ordered twice from this vendor (total of 3 ten-packs) and have been completely satisfied with the quality of the tape and their prompt shipping. I've used these tapes in my business for multiple projects, shooting on a professional Sony DVcam camcorder. I've had no problems at all. And the price is great, obviously. I'll be ordering more of same from this vendor soon.



NOTE: I have learned through years of experience that with ANY brand of videotape it is wise to "re-pack" the tape before shooting on it, preferably in an edit deck. (In order save on weight & battery consumption, camcorder motors are less heavy-duty than edit deck motors. If you have an edit deck, save your camera the wear and tear.)



"Re-packing" is simply a matter of fast-forwarding the fresh tape all the way to the end, the rewinding it to the beginning. This rewinds (or "re-packs") the videotape with a 'normal' tension that is not too tight for the motor of one's camcorder.



Rarely, but sometimes the high-speed manufacturing process can result in tape being wound so tightly that that minor tape speed fluxuations (or tape stretching - ouch!) can result when using a camcorder for recording on tapes that one has not re-packed. Again, this is something I recommend for any brand of mini-DV tape, from any vendor, at any price. Happy shooting! JVC MDV60ME10P Mini DV Tape (10 Pack)

Clogged heads are caused by mixing TDK or Sony tapes with any other brand. Their formulation is different. Don't do it. Use only TDKs or Sonys in your machine or you can mix Panasonic, Maxell, JVC, Fuji, or Canon brands together. Those brands are all the same formulation.



These JVC (I bought Japan labeled "Victor" brand) are made by Fuji and work great.

Just received my 2nd order of the JVC MDV60ME 10 pack of mini DV from Amazon.com. This is the best value I have found for high quality mini DV tape.They work great in my Canon Optura Xi. Vivid color with good contrast. Excellent audio. Will reorder when again in need.

After searching high and low for a good deal on tapes, this is the best deal at about $2.70 per tape incl. shipping!!



I have used JVC tapes before and these are as good as ones I got before from retail stores.

Am ready to purchase my 2nd set of JVC 10 pack tapes,have not had a single bit of trouble,( no clogged heads here),have stayed only with this brand on my JVC recorder.Will most likly always stay with this superior brand.

I've had issues with other tapes(fujifilm), these tapes work great for HDV, only 1 dropout so far on the 4 tapes that I have used so far, compared to 1 dropout every 7 minutes with fujifilm. a great product and I will be reordering soon

I use these tapes in my JVC HD110 with a DTE Focus enhancement drive recording 720p HDV. The tapes are a backup and are for archive. In the situations where it was too hot for the DTE drive these tapes where my only source that would record in 115'f+ days. I would find maybe 1 drop out every two tapes, audio and video seemed on par with the digital data I would get from the DTE drive. So for most purposes I'm sold on these tapes. If you were you shooting your own project or a higher paying gig I would move up to the ProHD JVC tapes for $9 a piece, but for general use and lowering paying gigs, these tapes are perfectly fine.



I also would NOT mix Sony and JVC tapes. It still seems to be true the lubricants in the tapes between brands do no like each and react with each other on your recording heads and you will get a "Dirty head, use clean tape" message in any camcorder if you mix brands a lot. With these tapes, I clean my heads perhaps every 100+ tapes. If I mix Sony and JVC, I have to clean after maybe 20 tapes or less. So stick with 1 brand if you can, and definatly ALWAYS have a newer tape cleaner tape in your bag for just in case situations.

I have used sony, panasonic and JVC brand of mini-dv tapes and I can find no difference among these brands, maybe except the price.



It is non-sense to say one DV tape offer better color/picture than the other... IT IS ALL DIGITAL!!! As long as your camcorder can write and read back the same 1 & 0 on the tape you will be just fine!



I have not try re-using tapes so I can't say how "durable" the tapes are. My opinions is one should not re-record more than 3 times on the same type, and this JVC tape should hold up to the challenge.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information