Saturday 9 July 2011

Poor Quality Everlast Med Ball - poor quality everlast med ball, medicine ball


These Everlast leather balls are good ones, sturdy and tough. There are several good books avaiible now on medicine ball training and you can search online for medicine ball workouts too. I have found that the 8-9 lbs. balls are a bit heavy for most of my female students that are new to medicine ball training. They do better with a 4-5 lbs. or 6-8 lbs ball. The 8-9 will suit most men of average strength. The 12 or the 15 lbs are about as big as you need to go for a superior workot as you progress. With these Everlast balls I carefully remove the synthetic name tag which makes for a more comfortable catching surface all the way around. Everlast 6502 Leather Medicine Ball (8-9 lbs.)

As the other reviewer said, don't expect this to be perfectly round, if you want one of those get one that is balanced and not leather. I prefer this over the plastic or rubber because it doesn't slip when you are sweating. The only downfall I would note is the stitching is not leather, it is a rigid plastic. Not a big deal, but I have caught it just right before and it can scratch. Overall it is great for workouts and working muscles hard to get with typical free weights. Most places have this for much more money or really unreasonable shipping.

I like this product. It is not perfectly round like a basketball, so expect to see a little lop-sidedness. I think they're all like this because the one at my gym is like that, too. It can be a pretty good workout if you have an idea of what exercises to use it with. My wife and I just started making it part of our workout routine. This seems to be a good weight as I don't think I'd like anything lighter. The one at my gym is heavier and I think it's too heavy. We chose the leather medicine ball because we like the feel on the hands. I have not used any other type, but I like this one.

First thing I noticed: the label is not the same as in this picture. The picture shows a tag that is sewn on. Mine is painted. It doesn't look fake, just different.



Second thing: the box this comes in says "synthetic leather for superior durability." I don't know that synthetic or genuine leather is more durable, but Amazon said it was genuine and the box says synthetic.



I wanted to know if this is a fake Everlast ball, not just a fake leather ball. If it is real Everlast and synthetic leather, I'm OK with that. But it is made in China and China imitates everything so I thought it might be fake Everlast. But a lot of legit stuff is also made in China, so that's a toss-up.



The Everlast webpage does not have a synthetic leather medicine ball. I called their customer number and a guy told me they USED to sell a synthetic leather ball, not anymore. He said Amazon did not buy this from Everlast, but it could be they got it from someone carrying around old Everlast inventory.



It appears it might be a real Everlast medicine ball, but just understand it is not the one in the picture and it is not genuine leather.



I gave it 3 stars because I ordered it Sunday night and received it Wednesday afternoon with the free super saver shipping. I hope it lasts...

The Everlast 6502 Leather Medicine Ball (8-9 lbs.) is exactly what I wanted. It's perfect for tabata squats and for medicine ball push catch ( you'll need two for that!). In addition to getting exactly what I wanted, I think the truck pulled out of the dock the second I clicked my mouse completing the purchase. I paid for 3-day shipping and got it in 1. Fabulous!

Dead in under 90 days. Tore apart at the seam. The leather is not even broken in yet. It has only been used the way a medicine ball is supposed to be used. Amazon says there is a 1 yr EVERLAST manufacturers warranty, we'll see what that means.

I chose this ball because it was advertised in leather material. It is definitely NOT leather, but plastic - and smells quite strongly like plastic, too. Unfortunately, I cannot send it back, because I took it out of country. I will buy again from a company which advertised incorrectly.

I have had this model Everlast medicine ball for several years. It is synthetic leather (vinyl) and therefore a bit slippery. Everlast does not make leather medicine balls.



Now, as a medicine ball it does function. - Poor Quality Everlast Med Ball - Fitness - Medicine Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Poor Quality Everlast Med Ball - poor quality everlast med ball, medicine ball fitness Poor Quality Everlast Med Ball - poor quality everlast med ball, medicine ball