Thursday 21 July 2011

Nutiva Coconut Oil - raw foods, nutiva coconut oil


I've tried two of the major coconut oil brands that I order via the internet. I've been using the oil in food and on my skin for about 5 years. I ordered this just to see how it tasted because the price was so good, if it didn't taste right, I'd just use it on my skin. It is the BEST tasting oil I've tried. Tropical Traditions, Coconut Oil Supreme pale in comparison. This is truly a coconut oil you could eat right out of the jar. If you want to try a coconut oil that tastes as good as it smells, this is it. And the price is fabulous. Yea, Nutiva and Amazon!



I love this coconut oil! It has a delicate coconut aroma and flavor. I have only just started using it but have found it to be delicious when making pancakes in lieu of using butter. I have also used it as a substitute for butter when making grilled cheese sandwiches and baked sweet potatoes. It will do wonders for your hair and skin too. I especially like using it as a hot oil treatment for my hair. I mix the coconut oil with a few drops of lemon essential oil and rub it into my hair. It smells like dessert and good for my hair and scalp. Try it with your favorite essential oils!



Warning: It melts at 76F. Be careful when opening a jar that's been sitting in a warm cupboard.

The skin is a great delivery system for absorbing things into your body. So what are you putting on your skin? Read the ingredients on your handcream or body lotion. Are they good for you? Don't know? Can you even pronounce them? Let's keep it simple. Virgin organic coconut oil. Snowy white, unrefined, heavenly smell - this stuff is terrific!! Solid at room temperature, smooth and buttery and melts at 76 degrees; cook/fry with it on low heat for a healthy and fragrant alternative to all those ulgy refined oils and hydrogenated trans fats (YUCK!), use as a lighter butter or shortening alternative (there's not a lot of flavor and the smell is intoxicating); use as hand cream (rub it on - only gets greasy if you really over load the area) I use it as a body lotion all over my body (my skin feels soft and smooth like it did when I was a child), hair conditioner (a light deep conditioner); anti-fungal properties (put it between your toes for goodness sake!) make-up remover - voila! ear wax? I put a tiny bit of this on a q-tip; moist toilette wipes? ssshh... try a touch of this on your t.p. - and I could go on and on... It must be organic and virgin coconut oil - anything else is something else and unexceptable. I understand that it is fine for diets, and speeds up the metabolism (its those little medium fatty acid chains). Don't take my word for it - read all about it for yourself! And yes, I feed it to my dog and cat, my cat loves it - and he won't eat anything! Actually, I don't think that he can resist the smell, I can't! Another one of those items that I out on my favorite things list!

This is amazing. I like it better than all other coconut oils. Of course it tastes like coconut. I don't want to use oils that are so overly processed and refined that they taste like "nothing". I don't understand why the coconut flavor bothers some people. If you don't like coconut, find a different oil.



You can use this for grilling, frying, baking, sauteeing, greasing & flouring a cake pan, and all other places that you'd use butter or a Crisco-type product. Just be careful on the baking because this melts at a low temperature.



It is amazing as a skin softener, a hair conditioner, a leave in hot oil treatment, make-up remover, eyelash conditioner/glosser, shaving "cream", lip softener, cuticle oil, nail conditioner, bath oil, after bath oil, massage oil (add a few drops of essential oil if you wish), etc. Speaking of massage oil, this is an excellent product for "adult activities" . . . as a perk it is definitely edible.



If you have dry feet, slather this on, rub it in, wrap your feet with plastic wrap, cover with socks, and go to bed. In the morning your feet will feel nice and soft.



This can be used on leather such as shoes, jackets, and purses. Because it's clear, you can use it on leather products that have decorative stitching that you can't cover with regular colored polish. (In fact, I just bent over and put coconut oil on my black leather shoes with my fingers . . . the only clean up needed was to rub my hands together.)



I've even used it on my wood furniture to obtain the same results as furniture oils. I have used it to grease hinges and mechanical parts. I have heard that you can use it to add lustre to pearls but I'm too chicken to try it on my good stuff.



I know people that have used it as a laxative (in large quantities) and a diet aid. When I eat about a T. a day my skin is softer and my wrinkles are less noticable.



I keep finding new uses. I'm sure you'll find some, too.

I first tried coconut oil last fall after reading The Coconut Oil Miracle (***highly recommended book***) and Nutiva's Organic Coconut Oil was the first I tried. It spoiled me completely. I've since tried two other brands and NOTHING tastes as fresh and light as this oil. It has a nice coconut flavor and personally, I love the taste it gives fried eggs and even pancakes. I also used it to make a pie crust (after chilling the oil slightly to compensate for the friction of working the pie crust) for a coconut cream pie and it was out of this world--flaky and delicious!!! Like another poster, I also like it spread on a toasted English muffin and then topped with a light drizzle of honey.



Our family has changed our eating habits in the last year and now we use only 3 fats: 1. Coconut Oil 2. Butter 3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (but only raw---never with heat!!!!--use the coconut oil or butter for fried & sauteed foods). Our general health is much improved; my husband's cholesterol levels are finally dropping (after YEARS of using "SmartBalance" and other "healthy" spreads that just raised his cholesterol).



Try this coconut oil and do yourself a favor and order The Coconut Oil Miracle (Previously published as The Healing Miracle of Coconut Oil)so you can understand why it not only tastes so good, but is so good for you! - Nutiva Coconut Oil - Organic - Raw Foods - Health - Nutiva - Coconut'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information