Thursday 21 July 2011

Dynamic Microphones - microphone, recording


I bought this mic to record voices for some amature video games my friends and I make (and secretly for beatboxing late at night). To this end it worked well, so I got a few friends together one day and we decided to try singing into it. Again, it worked above expectations. So I decided to put it to a real test: I recorded myself playing solo bassoon at various distances, and I was surprised at how it could pick up everything from tongue and pitch alterations to the clicking of my keys in a quiet room (with the boost on).



However, the puff reduction (thing that keeps the "p" sound from squealing) doesn't work nearly as well as I had hoped, but this is remedied by keeping a fair distance away when talking. Doing so subjects the recording to room noise and echo, but it's a fair price to pay for a $40 mic. Thumbs up. CAD U1 USB Dynamic Recording Microphone

One of my hobbies is online karaoke, and I've been on a quest to find a good quality digital microphone that will make my voice sound like... well, me :-) I'm only an amateur singer doing this for fun, so there was no need to spend hundreds of dollars on a top-quality professional mic. This one, however, fit the bill. Easy enough on the pocketbook, but still high quality-- my voice sounds GREAT when I record with it.



I do find that I have to keep a bit of distance away, in order to avoid the popping sound that comes with pronounced "p"s, as another reviewer mentioned. But this generally isn't a problem, and the mic is still pretty good about filtering out background noises even when I'm sitting a foot and a half away from it.



Oh, and the fact that it is shaped like a regular mic, and comes with the stand? That's just icing on the cake. I didn't think I'd have a need for a stand, but am I glad this package came with it-- I can't imagine what I'd do without it, now!

This mic is the best USB recording mic I have used, and I have tried several. Some are too bassy and some have very low volume. I use this mic now for recording with Sony Acid Pro and it works great for vocals and instruments. Just follow ALL of the instructions that come with your mic (it only takes about 5 minutes)and you are on your way to some of the best home recordings you will make.

This microphone is very good. The way that it looks is childish and as I opened the box I questioned if I bought a cheap karaoke set. This all went away after I unboxed it and tested it out. The microphone has a very good feel to it. It is not too heavy, but has a sturdy feel to it. Also, the metal wind guard is stronger than that of XLR microphones. It is super strong and also feels really "good" in your hands. The microphone's on off switch can be very useful if you are monitoring audio when you record and you don't want to listen to an echo while regularly using you computer. This microphone has a large range of sensitivity and can have a signal boost of 0db to 24db. This is great because it can be used for many different things: solo recording, group recording, sound effect recording, etc.



My one complaint with this microphone is that it picks up radio stations. This may not be a problem for everyone, but I am in downtown Chicago and it was picking up a hispanic station. Not loudly of course, and I didn't hear this until I threw on my Turtle Beach X31s. This however is a problem that can be fixed with a simple $5 dollar purchase. Just get a Ferrite Core 1/4" Cord Noise Suppressor and snap it onto the usb end of the cable. A ferrite bead is the capsule like block on the end of most high end electronics cables, especially media transfer cables like VGA cables. The ferrite bead blocks the radio interference and makes this a perfect microphone.



I would give this microphone 5 stars if it came with a ferrite bead attached or optional in the packaging; however, since it has be purchased separately i'm giving it 4 stars.

Very easy to set up an use. This is the perfect basic mic for someone who wants to record podcasts, or simply record their own songs or do a bit of karaoke on their computer. Decently priced, it is able to sit stationary or with the cord, allow the user to move around to make the user more comfortable performing. Made a nice gift for the future sister-in-law, who is learning music, but not ready for heavy duty equiptment at this stage in the game. But it has a very nice quality sound and is more than adequate for for her needs now, and will certainly last for years with proper care.

I love and usually use the Rode Podcaster (Rode Microphones Podcaster USB Microphone), but I wanted something lighter and cheaper to carry around. Something cheap enough that I wouldn't be too upset if I dropped it or something.



I bought this mic despite the mixed reviews, and I'm glad I did. It sounds great. I haven't had any of the humming or buzzing reported by others, but I have picked up radio broadcasts while doing a test recording at work. I suspect that the other reviewers may have been experiencing interference or a bad cable rather than a bad mic.



Despite the cheap price, I've actually gotten compliments while using this mic on Skype. It comes with a decent desktop stand, has an on/off switch, and is native USB. For the price, it's really great. (I'm used to spending around $200 and up on a good mic.) - Microphone - Mic - Home Recording - Recording'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information