Thursday 21 July 2011

Digital Camera Battery - cybershot, rechargeable batteries


Cannot tell the difference between this battery and the one that came with the camera. It works great and battery life is respectable. Always good to have a backup (or two). Also recommend more than one charger (car charger is always a good idea too!)



All the best,



Jay Replacement Sony NP-BG1 Equivalent LithiumIon Camera Battery For SONY DSC-H9/DSC-H7/DSC-H3 /DSC-H50/DSC-W30/DSC-W35/DSC-W50/DSC-W55/DSC-W70

When reviewing this item it appears as if it is being sold by a US company. You are greeted by the message: "In Stock.

Ships from and sold by BestDealUSA.". After ordering I received a notification from Amazon that shipment was due 9 days from date of order.



I then received an email from the Seller - not BestDealUSA, but a company known as shang hai jing jun electronics Ltd. telling me that the item would take between 12 and 14 days to arrive.



The Seller should make this information known up front. I am leaving on vacation in two weeks and if I had known that delivery would take so long, I would not have ordered this item

This is the exact same battery that came with my camera and lasts just as long. If you take a lot of pictures you might want to consider having 3 batteries instead of two but I've only gotten into trouble once and that was when I discovered the non-brand-name car charger was not working properly - if I'd have had a decent car charger I'd have been fine but I did run out of battery that once time in Yellowstone when I took a lot of photos and videos and went through both batteries in one day. Usually they last me several days, even on trips.

I am always a little apprehensive about purchasing off-brand accessories for my name brand electronics, but I went ahead and purchased this replacement battery anyway for my Cybershot DSC-W50. So far I have been pleasantly surprised. I cannot tell any performance difference between this and the original battery. I bought it as a spare battery for vacations. It seems to hold its charge while it is not in use and performs well. Perfect for my needs.

I purchased two of these batteries for my Sony DSC H20. I am a practical person when it comes to cost. These batteries delivers the power that you need for your digital camera. Just like any rechargeable batteries, regardless of what brand the manufacturer puts on, it will slowly loose it's full potential within two years. Batteries are batteries. It doesn't matter to me if it was an energizer, duracell, rayovac or a generic brand battery. What is important is that this particular battery is compatible with the G type Sony Nimh batteries, and only cost a fraction of the original equipment manufacturer's price. Believe me, you will get your money's worth by getting this extra batteries. My son just recently went to Disneyland, and by using this camera in P mode without flash, he was still able to take over 150 pictures and video clips the entire day just by using one Nimh battery. Just buy it and you won't regret it.

I bought this battery because I could not justify spending nearly $50 for the original Sony replacement battery pack in my Cybershot H7. The battery works perfectly and provides a similar number of shots as the original Sony battery. It charges perfectly in the original Sony charger and it fits the camera perfectly.



The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is because the number of charge cycles is still not known. Even if this battery lasts me only a year it is still significantly cheaper than the Sony battery which lasted 2 years before losing the ability to hold a charge. If you are looking for a replacement battery pack you cannot go wrong with this.

I don't have my battery yet. Here's why:



I ordered this battery on Monday because I needed it this week. Receiving it by the end of the week would have been fine. Instead I get a message from the vendor saying the following,



" Thanks for your order. Your item is being shipped from Hong Kong as

stated on the listing. Please allow 12-24 business days for delivery..."



They even went on to suggest that the reason why they are able to sell the product for such a low price is because it comes directly from Hong Kong, which they claim is stated in the listing. The listing states that the item is "in stock". In my Amazon account, the item shipping time shows 3-5 business days. What is not stated is that it could take up to a MONTH to get the merchandise. I could have walked to the Wolf's Cameras shop 25 miles away and bought the battery in a month.



They suggested that I not give them a negative review. That is not their prerogative! One of the benefits of ordering a product on Amazon.com is that they normally deal with vendors who can get the merchandise out quickly.

The whole idea behind the reviews it to let potential buyers know the kind of transaction satisfaction that was experienced...good or bad.



BestDealUSA, the vendor, should be forthright in the listing. If I didn't need the battery right away, I might be a little less ticked off, but I certainly would not have even ordered from them at all if I had have known the REAL lead-time on shipping. Just be forewarned. - Digital Camera Battery - Rechargeable Batteries - Cybershot - Sony Np-bg1'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information