Monday 18 July 2011

Dockers Pants - pants, flat front


I recently purchase two pair of Dockers pants. Same SKU but different colors. These are definitely not the same pants in the department stores. After washing they needing ironing and when putting on a hanger they don't lay flat. As if one side of the leg seam is sewn at a bias to the other. Also, the two pants appear to be made differently. The inside waist band is different. Yes, I know Amazon has a return policy but what a hassle. I prefer to go back to the store where I can examine the construction and check the fit. For a few dollars more it's worth it. Dockers Men's Soft Khaki D3 Classic Fit Flat Front Pant,Cottonwood,34x34

These khakis are both softer and they "breathe" easier than regular khakis--which makes them ideal for summer wear (but I DO NOT recommend wearing them to the office even on casual/dress-down days!). They have a creased feel and look which imply that they are purely casual wear/vacation-wear pants that go well with your favorite T-shirt or polo shirt. As another reviewer pointed out, they DO look horrible when coming out of the dryer but that's to be expected. The y are, however, very comfortable and that's what counts.

I bought two pair in the same size. I normally wear 34 x 34. Both were 1/2" too tight. I just tried a pair of dockers at local national chain store the same size and they fit perfect. They did not have the colors I wanted so I purchased from Amazon (these are a slightly different style than the store ones) and these dont fit. At least Amazon allows for free returns. So, thank you Amazon (I would not have purchased these if it weren't for the free return policy).

I purchased this pair of pants a few months ago, and have worn it numerous times, mostly on Fridays at the office and for going around town on the weekends. The pants have been very comfortable, and I really liked the "leather" color of the pair I bought. The fabric, in my opinion, has a nice weight and feel to it, it didn't come across as poorly constructed or cheap. The fit of the pants was loose, but not overly so for myself.



The reason I deducted two stars is because of the color. Even before washing the pants I noticed faint white lines/marks around my pockets, where I would have bulky items liked my phone or keys. At first I thought it was dust, but it wasn't. That being said, it wasn't too bad. However, after my first wash there were white lines and faded spots everywhere. Unfortunately, this pair has now been relegated to yard work duty.



Overall, the D3 flat fronts are a good pair of pants that I would purchase again. However, I would either buy something other than the leather color, or wash them inside out to hopefully avoid those fading issues again.

I love me some dockers but the last pair if Classic Fit Flat Front Khaki's started getting a hole worn in outside the back pocket where my wallet/arse meets my chair. This happens but I've had two other pairs of pants longer that don't have that.



Dockers still fit me the best and look the best so I'm going to look for a more durable pair. - Plain Front - Flat Front - D3 - Pants'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dockers Pants - pants, flat front flat front Dockers Pants - pants, flat front