Monday 18 July 2011

Audio Splitter - adapters, audio cables


This is just one style of a 3.5mm splitter. If you don't like this one, there are other styles to choose from. I make a lot of MP3's from audio and video that's playing on the computer. This splitter comes in very handy if you want to listen to what's being played as the MP3 is being created. A splitter allows you to send the sound both to the Line In jack as well as the speakers. I've never noticed any loss of volume, at least nothing that wasn't caused by a plug not being all the way in. If any of the plugs are not making a good connection, the quality of the audio will not be good. That's almost always the problem if there's something wrong with the sound. I did have one other problem once. As it turned out, the audio jacks on the computer motherboard weren't working well. I was using on-board audio rather than a sound card. I installed a sound card so as to bypass the on-board audio, and everything was OK after that. The splitter had nothing to do with the problem. I can't remember one of these splitters ever failing on me. I recommend them. Cables To Go - 40641 - 3.5mm Stereo Male to Dual 3.5mm Stereo Female Adapter

For some reason, I'm pretty sure it has to do with price, I have to turn around (like a knob) the cables that are plugged in to the jack to get the audio out correctly. Sometimes no audio comes out, just an annoying sound & sometimes the audio is there, but you can't hear certain aspects like say the siging (really low)

This product only works with one pair of headphones at a time, meaning it's absolutely useless. Didn't work right out of the box. Complete waste of money. Buy from another company that makes products that actually work.

I understand that I purchased this for roughly $3 but I expected better from such a simple looking product. Of the two 3.5mm holes, only one of the holes secured my headphone in it. If I put my headphone in the other hole, it could fall out way too easily. Not only did I find that the holes were unreliable, the sound that was outputted on from both holes was only from the left side. There are way better choices to purchase that give a bit of a cord extension and only cost at most, $2 more than this splitter cost.

Out of the package, one of the two female ends had absolutely no grip on a 3.5mm plug. (The other female end worked just fine, though.) I'm being generous with the second star because I can't imagine that a build quality issue is a universal problem with this thing. But really, when I was expecting a cheap, convenient adapter, I didn't expect it to be _that_ cheap on manufacturing quality. Given that other solutions for 3.5mm connection sharing are only a few dollars more, I think it's worth it for 90% of people out there to "splurge" with a different adapter. To the 10%: be forewarned if you think this thing is adequate, because you're rolling dice on something which plainly has little or no quality control.

Got this splitter in a few hours ago. I'm using it to split a 1/4" headphones out from an external sound card for DJing, since there are two of us and sharing headphones had become a problem (1/4" to 3.5mm adapter to 2 x 3.5mm). The only (relative) downside I've noticed is that it takes a bit of force to plug the headphones into the adapter. At first, I thought I had ordered the wrong item, but with slight force, it snapped right in. Seems like a good thing for my application as it makes a secure connection and I won't have to worry about my phones coming unplugged.

This item is low-consumer grade, and not surprising based on the cost. The use I needed it for was to split an audio out from the ZOOM H4n to , a/ monitor headphones and b/to record to another device (digital camera mic in). The H4n was used to adjust mic gain, with a dual (high quality) XLR mics. This splitter produced excessive noise on the subsequent recording. - Y Cable - Audio Cables - Audio Splitter - Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Audio Splitter - adapters, audio cables y cable Audio Splitter - adapters, audio cables